Close

Default OT: Power shades question

Hi

Sometimes i get bored and try and work on a shade, crazy i kow

i use power shades and it works great except for the Zoom Mixer view. no matter what i do, once i edit it and import it back it always crashes and i am left with a messed up view.

just curious if this view is problematic in any way?? usually i just do simple edits in paint, and save as the 24 bitmap like any other view.

anyway just wanted to modify this a little and no matter what shade i use it always does this

thanks!

2. Default Re: OT: Power shades question

Trock,
    I haven't seen this actually happen until now. I'll look into it and see if there is anything unusual about that view (in PowerShades). I've been so busy with reality (work) that I haven't been able to devote any time to PowerShades. I have several ideas for the next version of PowerShades. There will be a new version coming up... but it most likely won't be for a few months. The next version will be a complete rewrite. Hopefully these issues will cease to exist at that point.

J

3. Default Re: OT: Power shades question

Trock,
    I think I've found the source of the problems. It looks like the issue is that, at least on the shades I was able to reproduce this on, they're missing certain resources. I'll put this on my list to look into. Most of the resource names, if not all, in PowerShades came from the SAWStudioGraphics.dll file. If shades don't implement all of the resources, then it breaks PowerShades. The quickest solution would be not to use import/export in PowerShades on the shades that are broken. You shouldn't have any problem simply double-clicking the image to edit it for now. The alternative would be to go in and add the missing resources to the shades/dlls for now with a resource editor.

J

Default Re: OT: Power shades question

Hey J

thanks ALOT!! thats cool, i haven't worked on every shade of course but it has happened on all of the ones i have worked on. everything else works great.

thanks for checking into this cause i love the program!