Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signal Switch

Default Signal Switch

Hello:
    In the directions for a gameport switch for signal switch, there are two switches to install.
    Why are there two switches and what function does each serve?

Someone who works here said he read somewhere the was an engineer and producer discrete talkback systems, does this apply?

Thank you..

Default Re: Signal Switch

Yes... you can use two separate switches... one for the engineer and one at the producer's desk. Both switches can control the one mic and switch... or better yet... patch in 2 signal switches on 2 separate talkback channels... two separate mics... one near the engineer... one near the producer's desk... each can now have their own switch.

Look at the Signal Switch popup menu (Blue Pyramid Icon).

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Yes... you can use two separate switches... one for the engineer and one at the producer's desk. Both switches can control the one mic and switch... or better yet... patch in 2 signal switches on 2 separate talkback channels... two separate mics... one near the engineer... one near the producer's desk... each can now have their own switch.

Look at the Signal Switch popup menu (Blue Pyramid Icon).

Bob L
    Bob, Anyone,

Quick primer -- gameports -- do we need two ports for two hardware switches? Does that mean two soundblasters? Or two USB/gameport adapters?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

1 gsmeport = 2 switches.

The Radio Shack usb adaptor is the easy way to go... no drivers necessary... I paid $12 for my last one which I bought when I finished the switch plugin a short while ago.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    1 gsmeport = 2 switches.

The Radio Shack usb adaptor is the easy way to go... no drivers necessary... I paid $12 for my last one which I bought when I finished the switch plugin a short while ago.

Bob L
    Beauty, eh? (to quote guys like Bob and Doug McKenzie and Carey Langille) That's the exact adaptor I found with a quick Google moments ago. Looks like you saved three bucks.

Thanks!
    Becket, Massachusetts

I looked for the adapter at Radio Shacks online store but it wasn't listed. I ordered several Belkin USB adapters from PC Connection. Hope they are the correct ones.

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=315653

Looks like they should work.

The RadioShack ones are no longer listed in the RadioShack online catalog, but are still being sold in stores.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by William Bushnell View Post
    I looked for the adapter at Radio Shacks online store but it wasn't listed. I ordered several Belkin USB adapters from PC Connection. Hope they are the correct ones.

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=315653

EDIT: Wow -- The Belkin is $3? Is this basically the same thing as the Radio Shack device @ $15? Zowie!

What I don't get is how it can work with no drivers. Just some wires hooked up to a switch. How does the USB bus know what to do with it?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 11-10-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    EDIT: Wow -- The Belkin is $3? Is this basically the same thing as the Radio Shack device @ $15? Zowie!

What I don't get is how it can work with no drivers. Just some wires hooked up to a switch. How does the USB bus know what to do with it?
    Interesting. I found a couple others on line that were more than the RS one. So, if the Belkin is the ticket, I'd order a few of them.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

DON'T BUY THE BELKIN USB JOYSTICK ADAPTER! I received my order today and they will not work. After speaking with Belkin tech support I found that this is an old discontinued product for use with the Microsoft Sidewinder which requires a driver.

I then purchased the Radio Shack USB adapter. It shows up as a USB Adapter under game controllers with Status OK. Going to properties to test it, switch 1 and switch 2 both work. I checked both of the Link To JoystickA - Switch 1 and Switch 2 settings on the Signal Switch. However, I can not control the Signal Switch with either of the joystick switches. I can only control the Signal Switch with the mouse. What am I missing? Thanks for the help.