Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MWS feature extension?

Hi all (and especially Bob:-),
    when I import a multi-track midi file into MWS it often occurs that the midi notes aren't in the visible range.
    So I use the "Ctrl+Up/Down-Arrow" to scale each track so that the range fits (-> all notes are visible in the hottrack)

Would it be possible to extend this feature to the selected tracks (at the moment it's only the hottrack, so I have to jump through all midi tracks).
    (Maybe it's already possible and I'm just to stupid:-)

Does anybody else find this usefull?
    I think if you do midi from scratch it's not necessary, but if you import a lot then it could be a real time saver.

Greetings,
    Joerg

Default Re: MWS feature extension?

That would be great!
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

That sounds like a good idea... I'll mark it down.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    That sounds like a good idea... I'll mark it down.

Bob L
    Great!

Cool, thanks!

6. Default Re: MWS feature extension?

Hi all
    Can you help me? How do I import a multi-track midi file into MWS? I mean to get separate midi tracks.

Many thanks

Blog Entries

diegoalejo15,
    Quote Originally Posted by ;215126
    Can you help me? How do I import a multi-track midi file into MWS? I mean to get separate midi tracks.
    ...I thought that MWS did this automatically.

Does this also not depend on the TYPE of MIDI file, for example Type 0 or Type 1?

Quote Originally Posted by diegoalejo15 View Post
    Hi all

Many thanks
    I didn't know that multi-track MIDI files was a thing. Maybe a newer development to the world of MIDI? My guess is that MWS does not support importing or opening such files.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I didn't know that multi-track MIDI files was a thing. Maybe a newer development to the world of MIDI? My guess is that MWS does not support importing or opening such files.
    Of course it's a thing. Generally a sequencing program will show a midi file as multiple midi tracks, although each such application generally has its own proprietary file format to allow for including more data and tracks than a standard .mid file allows. The "standard" midi file allows inclusion of a maximum of 16 different parts, each transmitted on its own midi channel. If you import such a file into just about any sequencing program (including MWS), it will show the data for each midi channel on its own track.

I used to do all my sequencing with Cakewalk (last version before Cakewalk Pro Audio). I have sometimes exported files from there as .mid files and then imported them into MWS, in which each midi channel is automatically broken out into its own track.

One common inconvenience is when working with drum parts. In a sequencer, as with audio recording, I will commonly have one track for each drum, as in kick, snare, hat, and so on, but of course these are all sent on the same midi channel (assuming an arrangement using only one "kit" played by one chosen instrument for all of it). A sequencing program accommodates this trick, but the standard midi file does not.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    Of course it's a thing.
    Shows you the true depth of my MIDI experience over the years.

What would be your advice to diegoalejo15?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts