Close

Default Melodyne Plug in 4.0B

OK, with the Melodyne plug in the transfer mode. When Saw Studio stops. Melodyne doesn't see it. It just keeps on recording. Anyone Else try it yet?

Default Re: Melodyne Plug in 4.0B

I don't have this problem.

What could be different?

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Works fine here... are you stopping the MT playback with the right mouse or spacebar as normal?

You can also stop the transfer by clicking the Melodyne Transfer button again, although then you have to wait till it finishes its analyzing before stopping SS... I prefer simply stopping the MT.

Bob L

OK, sorry for the delay. Just got home.
    It is happening on a new EDL. One that I used the mix template. With the Melodyne Plugs already there. It still seems to work fine on my other (earlier) EDL. So Its song specific. Sorry for not doing more research before asking this question.....

Could the problem be due to other latency causing plugins in the edls that fail... you would be surprised how much trouble they can cause.

Bob L

Yesterday I noticed the plugin doesn't work sometimes if you have recorded on a track at one tempo, and then go back and try to record at a new tempo. This makes me think a tempo map could be problematic...need to test a little further on that one.

Also, don't use the auto fx bypass on the MT channel that Melodyne is inserted on, or your audio will go out of sync and stop after every region as it uses the absence of data as a signal to analyze.

When I am doing pitch correction, I always start with a fresh track, insert the plugin, and drag all the regions into the new track from the orignal track number. After correcion, I build a soloed mix back to the original track, and drag a copy of the pre pitch corrected audio to the next layer down on the same track. That way if I decide I've gone too far with the PC, I can easily undo it. After all that, I disable the Melodyne track, but save it with the EDL, in case I want to return and further change something in that domain.

I hope you get it working consistantly on your system.

Regards,

MM
    Last edited by MMP; 12-10-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Michael,

Melodyne plug stamps the tempo of the original transfers...it then does time compression to time correct if it later sees a different tempo.

So... make sure your tempomap is in place before you transfer the data.

Bob L

Have you actually tried a tempo map with different BPMs....I haven't yet. I was just trying out transferring at one rate and changing the tempo to check the time compression, but I forgot the original mark when I transferred another song down the timeline. No data was transferred on that try.

I'll have to try a real tempo map tomorrow.

Regards,

MM