Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SAW Users Referral List - lost records

Hi SAWers,

I recently changed web hosts, and in the transition, I unfortunately lost some data. So, if you registered or modified your info within the last year (since January), it's gone. Here's the link if you'd like to re-register or modify your info:
    http://www.hardknee.com/seesawers/

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Default Re: SAW Users Referral List - lost records

Thanks Jay- That's very cool of you to host the index!

That's so weird. I was reading the "who makes a living in the industry" thread, and saw all the voiceover guys, and I was thinkng, it would be so great to be able to send voice work to our SS bro's and sisters. At other times, I've had clients want me to travel to another city to do a remote recording in an office, and I'd love to know who to call in Seattle who could show up with a lav and a laptop and help out a client for me, then send the wav to my ftp site. Or to find a second operator for a live p.a./recording gig.

I'll check out your thing now. I didn't even know this existed. How cool!!

Cheers,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by studio-c View Post
    That's so weird. I was reading the "who makes a living in the industry" thread, and saw all the voiceover guys, and I was thinkng, it would be so great to be able to send voice work to our SS bro's and sisters. At other times, I've had clients want me to travel to another city to do a remote recording in an office, and I'd love to know who to call in Seattle who could show up with a lav and a laptop and help out a client for me, then send the wav to my ftp site. Or to find a second operator for a live p.a./recording gig.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Thanks, Scott. The list started because of an old SAW user who ran into some bad financial times and had to sell all his equipment . Some of us thought it'd be a good idea to put together a list so that people in his position might have another avenue for generating income, so I put it together. Such a thing wouldn't be necessary for, say, Pro Tools users, but considering that SAW users ain't exactly coming out of the woodwork , it seemed like such a list could be helpful.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Quote Originally Posted by studio-c View Post

Cheers,
    Scott
    Thanks Scott for making me aware of this, too. I knew of the tips, but not the list of SAWers. I'm on it now. (I exist!) And thanks to Jay for hosting it.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

I didn't know that list existed either... Thanks.. "I'm somebody now!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Excerpt from The Jerk - Steve Martin as "Navin"

(a phone book delivery truck drives up)
    Navin: Oh, my God! (Navin takes the book.) Thank you.
    (he rips through the book, looking for something)
    Navin: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
    Harry: Well I wish I could get so excited about nothing.
    Navin: Nothing? Are you kidding?! Page 73, Johnson, Navin, R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.
    Last edited by BillyK; 12-16-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    My Studio Site: www.chicagobroadcast.com
    Proud user of SAW programs since the early days of IQS.
    Producer/Engineer of a network radio program YOU have heard all your life..

Quote Originally Posted by BillyK View Post
    ...I'm somebody now!...
    That's exactly the scene I was thinking about.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    (I exist!)
    Glad to know I had a hand in your creation, Ian. BTW, I checked out your voice demos, and you certainly do sound familiar.

I don't know how many people have actually used the list to refer work, but hopefully somebody has gotten or will get some billable hours because of it.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by BillyK View Post
    I didn't know that list existed either... Thanks.. "I'm somebody now!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(a phone book delivery truck drives up)
    Navin: Oh, my God! (Navin takes the book.) Thank you.
    (he rips through the book, looking for something)
    Navin: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
    Harry: Well I wish I could get so excited about nothing.
    Navin: Nothing? Are you kidding?! Page 73, Johnson, Navin, R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.
    I remember in the shot of the open phonebook page, his listing had an address number that ended in "1/8", like "124-1/8 Cedar Ave." Silly man. Of course, he was living in a men's restroom (or part thereof), IIRC.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Q View Post
    Glad to know I had a hand in your creation, Ian. BTW, I checked out your voice demos, and you certainly do sound familiar.

I don't know how many people have actually used the list to refer work, but hopefully somebody has gotten or will get some billable hours because of it.

Jay
    Lost a password... got no email response either (spamfilter)...
    try and email me through the forum
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com