Close

Question Save only selected tracks as Mix Template?

Hi!

I have a question ... I use the save mix template a lot, and it's really helpful. A lot of the times, the channel setup it quite similar between the songs recorded in the same session, so it saves my a lot of work and time. I also use the Memory cells a lot, and they too save me lots of work and time! So far so good!

Many times my first like 20 tracks or so contains the same things on all recorded songs. Say drums on track 1-12, bass 13-14 and so on. Normally I'd like to have the same settings for these channels on all songs. But on the rest of channels there is probably a lot of channels where I don't want to share settings with other songs. So, here's the question, finally

Is it possible to save a mix template where not all of the channels are included? So I could select the channels I'd like to include in the template, and then open the template in another song, thus transferring only the channels I included, leaving the rest of the channel settings untouched? If it's not possible now, could it be inlcuded in the future? I would love this feature!! Many times I find myself transferring settings manually via the Memory Cells, which works, but it's taking quite some time to transfer settings for 20 channels to a number of songs..... and I always worry that at some point I lose track of what I've transferred and what I haven't transferred...

I hope you understand what I mean. If not, please tell me so, and I'll try to clarify it more.

I'll finish the post with some flattering SAW Studio is by far the best program I've ever used. It's fantastic! The sound, the editing, the stability, the everything! Thanks a lot Bob!!

Cheers,
    Marvin

Default Re: Save only selected tracks as Mix Template?

Bob specifically mentioned "partial mix templates" several months back as being on his future features list, but to my knowledge it hasn't been implemented yet. I'd love to see that as well. Is that still in the works, Bob?

Oh, I didn't know the topic has been up before. I started reading this forum only a few weeks ago...

Maybe it was time for an update check on the matter anyway

Marvin

I have this on the ToDo list... some form of partial Mix Template load.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin
    Oh, I didn't know the topic has been up before. Marvin
    I don't know if it's been discussed in this forum, but at one point Bob included it on a list of future features either on his website or in an email release.

Thumbs up Re: Save only selected tracks as Mix Template?

Great ! I think this is a really usefull enhancement many of us will enjoy.
    It saves lots of time and gives the oportunity to listen to a song
    with for example several drum mixes to find out which one fit´s best.

thanks a lot.

Arno Jordan