Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sawstudio on Vista

Why... what good is the Class Scheduler going to do when the rest of the OS is so bogged down worrying about whether I have stolen the music I am making in SS
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    Vista Tweaks:
    1 - Don't install it!
    2. Buy a Mac

2. Buy a Mac
    Guitar Center had some set up. My first time. Mikey likes it!

Quote Originally Posted by mghtx View Post
    Guitar Center had some set up. My first time. Mikey likes it!
    3. Never go to Guitar Center

JK

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stebbeds View Post
    3. Never go to Guitar Center

JK
    ....and definitely don't buy a MAC........................there...
    Last edited by Tim Miskimon; 02-14-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Why... what good is the Class Scheduler going to do when the rest of the OS is so bogged down worrying about whether I have stolen the music I am making in SS.

Bob L
    WHoo Hoo! Seriously though... for a moment.. You have made a great point in very few words. You're quite good at that Bob! I like it.

Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stebbeds View Post
    2. Buy a Mac
    hey wachit, buddy...this'll get you a yellow card over at GS...
    John Hernandez
    Blazing Hammer Productions
    --
    "Is not My word like fire? And like a hammer which shatters a rock?" - Jeremiah 23:29

I kinda wish XP and or 2K did not have all the bloat that they have, even when loading the least MS junk. Like a strickly Audio OS.

OK Im back from OZ know, yeh I see the bloat again, all is as Bill wishes it should be.
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Why... what good is the Class Scheduler going to do when the rest of the OS is so bogged down worrying about whether I have stolen the music I am making in SS.

Bob L
    Why? Because you'll get better performance if you do than if you don't... but it's your ball.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...13679&SiteID=1
    As promised, here is a short clarification on this article, as well as a QA available.

Note that these restrictions only apply to content that is protected (usually commercial content, but there are some other scenarios (i.e., corporate, medical, etc.) where content is protected as well).

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...d-answers.aspx

Unless you're using protected content in your DAW project, you shouldn't be affected by this.

Pat
    Have you tested Vista yourself to put a figure on the alleged CPU resource hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero View Post
    Why? Because you'll get better performance if you do than if you don't... but it's your ball.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...13679&SiteID=1

Have you tested Vista yourself to put a figure on the alleged CPU resource hit?
    The DRM issue inserts code (and will also in time insert hardware) into the loop. So extra code and extra hardware equals decreased reliability and greater latency. Add that to the fact that each subseqent MS OS has been bigger and run slower than its predecessor and I think that explains the lack of appetite for jumping into Vista right now. And new OSs are always less stable than older OSs, even if the newer one eventually turns out more stable once it has been around for a few years. What I can't explain is why there is a desperation to move onto Vista. Why? Because it has flashing lights? SAW will be the same, it won't look or run any different. So at the moment there's no point. If you want a wizzy gaming machine with DX10, sure, get a new machine with Vista on, but if you want to run a reliable DAW, you don't need massive processing power and you already have W2K and XP.

Dominic