Close

1. Default SAWStudio on a live music video shoot

I just wanted to drop a line and let people know about a live recording gig I had this weekend. The band, The Strange Familiar, performed for a limited public audience at a venue called the Lime Spider in Akron, OH. SAWStudio performed beautifully (as expected). The band hired a video crew to do the video and the band, the house, and I all did seperate audio recordings. I captured the multitrack audio for later mixing, editing, and mastering. We recorded 12 tracks of audio (4 room mics and 8 direct console feeds) into SAWStudio with 2 of the room mics being fed live through the master outs on a ProTools rig (the band wanted to capture the room mic sound as well). Although the ProTools feed wasn't exactly ideal, it still worked out quite nicely with very minimal latency. It was quite a tense session in the beginning as there was quite a bit to coordinate but all came together nicely! If anybody is in the Cleveland/Akron area, I highly recommend checking this band out! I'll post more info here about the videos as the details become available.

2. Default Re: SAWStudio on a live music video shoot

Bob,
    Just a thought... could we have an area on the forum for SAWStudio sightings, gigs, etc?

Thanks

Default Re: SAWStudio on a live music video shoot

Quote Originally Posted by tuxcode View Post
    Bob,
    Just a thought... could we have an area on the forum for SAWStudio sightings, gigs, etc?

Thanks
    I think that would be cool.
    Also include the type of work it's doing.
    There are a lot of great acts out there that really need to be highlighted.... showcasing the high quality of SawStudio.
    Plus, even well known acts (I've done a lot of spots for some pretty legendary acts over the years using SawStudio. Frank Farrell used it on the Kenny Rogers tours, etc, etc)... would be nice to know how SawStudio is used in the prime time arena.
    One little thing, like I'd add to the 'comments' section: The SS EQ is outstanding! I have lots of EQ plugins for various needs... but none beats the combination of EASY to use & High Quality like the in channel EQ of SawStudio!
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: SAWStudio on a live music video shoot

A SAW Studio Sightings thread could work very well... and each time someone adds to it, it would bump to the top.

Bob L