Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Levelizer redraw problem on Acer Aspire 5510

Levelizer redraw problem on Acer Aspire 5510 laptop.

Sometimes it comes up OK, but corrupts when I want change settings.
    Sometimes (mostly) just a small portion of it is displayed. e.g. Volume - up/ down indicator.
    The only way to get rid of it is to "Clear" the FX pre patches.

I'm not seeing this effect on other "Add-ins" - for this job I'm just using Hypercanvas and EXSP24 - with SAWStudio FX (channels and Levelizer).

Thanks

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Default Re: Levelizer redraw problem on Acer Aspire 5510

Dennis,

Sounds like a dual processor or hyperthreading... try forcing SS to one cpu... or try the /ONECPU setting in the boot.ini option described in my XP Tweaks doc.

That will probably stop the corruption... also, you may want to drop the Windows display Trobleshooting slider down 1 or 2 notches and see if that helps.

I have a few other ideas to modify my plugin code to help get around the display corruption that cab still happen on certain machines.

In the meantime, you may also find that not using the hold and drag adjustments can help... use the click up or dn method of changing the control values, or the popup menus.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by mako View Post
    Levelizer redraw problem on Acer Aspire 5510 laptop.

Sometimes it comes up OK, but corrupts when I want change settings.
    Sometimes (mostly) just a small portion of it is displayed. e.g. Volume - up/ down indicator.
    The only way to get rid of it is to "Clear" the FX pre patches.

I'm not seeing this effect on other "Add-ins" - for this job I'm just using Hypercanvas and EXSP24 - with SAWStudio FX (channels and Levelizer).

Thanks

mako
    I have this problem with the Frequency Analyzer. The problem goes away when I disable hyperthreading. I believe this issue can arise from any multiple processor (virtual or otherwise) implementation. Try using the "/onecpu" switch in the boot.ini file if you like. You can read about it here:

http://www.sawstudio.com/downloads/w...pro_tweaks.zip

Actually, I'm not sure if this works or is advisable with real multiple processors. I'm sure others will chime in with more knowledgeable info.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

FWIW, using SAW's "force one cpu" menu item didn't do it for me. Had to go with /onecpu. Hopefully, YMMV.

Though I didn't try the Windows display troubleshooting slider. May look into that...
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Yes, it works with onecpu/setting in my dual xeon except the saw graphic eq which still has problem.

I have redraw problems to in theb levelizer plug in, and I my IBM

OK - I've done all the "Bob tweaks" including the ini file - thanks Dave for the link.

The Levelizer still has major problems.

I tried all the SAW stuff I have, the Sonoris stuff and all the VSTi's I have loaded - no problem with any, including the Frequency Analyzer.

The Levelizer just refuses to redraw - push it off the edge of the screen and it comes back totally screwed up or, it takes on the cloak of whatever window it was on top of.

Tried the Windows Display slider - initially (for 30secs or so) had an improvement but with further pushing it misbehaved on every notch setting, even fully off.

However, when I went back to the song I was working, it was improved enough that I could get some settings before it screwed up again.
    Not great but more usable than before.

Thanks all

mako
    Last edited by mako; 07-23-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Update
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

The current Levelizer has been working fine on most systems I know of... are you using the current version 2.8?

If not... download the current version and see if it solves the problem.

If you open the Levelizer and simply slide it around the screen without touching any of the controls, do you still get the redraw problem?

Bob L

G'day Bob - yes, I'm using 2.8.

In trying what you asked, I find I can move the Levelizer around and off the screen with no problem until I begin to make control adjustments.

As soon as the readouts corrupt (after 2 to 3 changes) the Levelizer display disintegrates when I push it through a screen boundary.

I must add that this is only on my laptop - my desktop PC has no problem at all.

Thanks

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Dennis,

I believe the corruption occurrs only when using the grab and adjust options... if you use the click up or dn or use the popup menu selections for adjusting the controls, my guess is that your system will be fine.

Bob L