Close

1. Default Will the Yamaha FC3 Dual Zone Piano Style Sustain Pedal work on my casio 1350 keyboar

Hello everyone,

I am not very familiar with all the technical hardware for keyboards. I want to purchase a nice pedal for my Casio WK-1350 keyboard and have come across the Yamaha FC3 Dual Zone Piano Style Sustain Pedal. My question is, will this pedal work with my keyboard? I read in my manual that it will take sp-2 or sp-10 pedals. How do I know if a pedal is that? I am also looking at the QuikLok VFP125 Universal Piano Style Sustain Pedal which seems to get better ratings... will this pedal work with my keyboard? What is the deal with the stuff about the polarity feature on some pedals?

Any knowledge will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Alan
    Last edited by nilla; 10-31-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Default Re: Will the Yamaha Piano Style Sustain Pedal work on my casio 1350 keyboar

Someone else may know for sure but you can just try it. Pedals are either switched normally open or normally closed. I know a Yamaha pedal will not work on a Korg, it works backwards. Some keyboards will let you switch so that either type pedal willl work. Usually if it starts out working backwards you can hold the pedal down while you turn the keyboard on and it will work.

Default Re: Will the Yamaha Piano Style Sustain Pedal work on my casio 1350 keyboar

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanwolf View Post
    Pedals are either switched normally open or normally closed. I know a Yamaha pedal will not work on a Korg, it works backwards. Some keyboards will let you switch so that either type pedal willl work. Usually if it starts out working backwards you can hold the pedal down while you turn the keyboard on and it will work.
    What he said. Not sure if your Casio will allow automatic switching (as described above), though. Also, not sure if the Yamaha pedal you mentioned has it, but there was a Yamaha pedal that had a switch on the bottom (slide switch) that would change from normally closed to normally open contact configuration. If the Casio accepts a 1/4" plug, and the pedal has a 1/4" (most do) then you have a good chance it will work, either with default switching, or the Casio will allow automatic switching, or maybe it will have the slide switch on it.
    John
    Mountain Media, Inc.