Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midiman Winman 4x4 on XP?

Any chance? Any drivers? Anywhere? Anyone had any luck? Anybody heard
    anything?

Thanks.

Dave
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

2. Default Re: Midiman Winman 4x4 on XP?

Yea, its a lost cause.... Used to use it, pero no mas....
    In fact I still have it... Anyone wanna buy it? Hmmm...?

I'm now using the MidiMan MidiSport 2x2 in Win2kPro via USB. Been working
    'flawlessly' in MidiWorkShop. Thank God for MidiWorkShop!!! In fact, I haven't updated the driver for that device in more than a year n' there's been no problems whatsoever. Therefor, I'm NOT updating the driver!

Admittedly, I have a drum module on one channel (Alesis DM5) and a synth
    on the other (Alesis Q6). N' that's it. Not too complicated. I'm sure they have a 4 channel unit if you need it.

Keepin' it simple stupid, 'cuz thats how I am (but you wouldn't know it by my ReturnFx assignments - Baaagghhh!)

T Out.

Digital Dexterity Records

Default Re: Midiman Winman 4x4 on XP?

Bummer. Thanks.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I just downloaded 4.3 from their site and it works great with Sonar. Not getting results with MWS yet.
    Chuck

I'm trying to give MWS another look. Anybody get a random midi note recorded from the playback (pre-roll) starting point, prior to the actual recorded position of the played note in MWS ? It seems to have an eternal graphic display, although the second note is not a selectable note. I'm looking to filter all-off, all-on data on the input side since it displays that in the track but can't find any input filtering. Checked for midi loops, etc. Using a midisport4x4 with xp.
    Chuck

It is indeed a drag to realize that you gotta fork out another $100 just to get the same capabilities that you used to have due to the planned obsolescence inherent in most digital audio tools.

fwiw - I've had lots of success with Edirol's UM-2 USB midi box if you ending up looking for a replacement.

OT of the thread:
    I'm kind of facing a similar conundrum:
    With Universal Audio's new UAD-1 plugin versions no longer supporting Win2k - along with AlphaTrack (which I'm thinking would be cool to replace my CM Motor Mix with) not supporting Win2k - plus a few plugins that I'm interestred in such as some stuff by Sonnox, PSP and Flux not supporting Win2k either - looks like I'm finally going to have to concede to "progress" and make my next DAW a WinXP machine.

At least Crossover for Mac looking promising and ReactOS stepping up their release schedule (a new alpha version 3.4 was just released) maybe there is in fact some hope in the future for SAW to run on a non MS OS.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Last edited by TotalSonic; 02-20-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Chuck,

I tested the edl you sent me and it worked fine here... something else is causing some grief with the MWS on your system... give me a call and we can step thru things to chase it down.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    OT of the thread:
    I'm kind of facing a similar conundrum:
    With Universal Audio's new UAD-1 plugin versions no longer supporting Win2k - along with AlphaTrack (which I'm thinking would be cool to replace my CM Motor Mix with) not supporting Win2k - plus a few plugins that I'm interestred in such as some stuff by Sonnox, PSP and Flux not supporting Win2k either - looks like I'm finally going to have to concede to "progress" and make my next DAW a WinXP machine.

At least Crossover for Mac looking promising and ReactOS stepping up their release schedule (a new alpha version 3.4 was just released) maybe there is in fact some hope in the future for SAW to run on a non MS OS.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Hi Steve,

I have often read on this forum that SAW users experience a tough time with XP. I would just like to make the point that I have been running XP for over 6 years on three different machines in my studio and have had extremely robust performance. Frankly, I can't remember having a lockup or crash. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I use the machine on a daily basis and have had no problems. I'm not connected to the internet wth the studio computer, BTW. And as you always add the disclaimer, I feel I'd better too: YMMV
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Hi Steve,

I have often read on this forum that SAW users experience a tough time with XP. I would just like to make the point that I have been running XP for over 6 years on three different machines in my studio and have had extremely robust performance. Frankly, I can't remember having a lockup or crash. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I use the machine on a daily basis and have had no problems. I'm not connected to the internet wth the studio computer, BTW. And as you always add the disclaimer, I feel I'd better too: YMMV
    Interesting. My impression of forum posts was the opposite. Go figure.

My personal experience is the same as yours, though. XP is the most stable OS I've used, but I skipped 2k. Better than NT and 98 and way better than 95 or 3.11.

Currently, I have some anomaly that is causing system freezes now and then. I haven't added any hardware or done a windows update, so it's kinda frustrating. No direct net connection, no antivirus, etc. I have noticed some Nero processes that always run. That bugs me a bit, but Nero's been on the box since August and up until a month or so ago, I hadn't had an XP crash in months or years on at least three different computers.

In other words, XP has been very good, but nothing's perfect.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Same here. XP has been the best system for everything I work with on the pc for the last five years, at least. Stable as can be.

DanT