Close

Default OT: Foobar2000 and CDDA playback

I've never been able to get Foobar2000 to play audio CDs. Anyone have any pointers?

When I go under Components/Play Audio CD/Select CD drive, I get a blank list. Not sure if that's related. Perhaps there's a way to add my CD drive to the list?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: OT: Foobar2000 and CDDA playback

Dave,
    I've used foobar on many computers and never had to do anything to get it to play an audio cd. I don't even see anything about an Audio CD player in the components. What I do is FILE>OPEN AUDIO CD>then pick the drive that has the audio cd in it and click PLAY button/box. Are you saying there are no drives listed after you click OPEN AUDIO CD?

Andy

Hi,
    I also found no problems to start audio cds with foobar2000.

You might also check the file type/context menu preferences of foobar2000. If you check "Set as default audio CD player" you can play an audio cd by right clicking on the CD in the Windows explorer and click "Play" (or whatever the English translation for the German "Wiedergabe" might be :-)
    1) Open Foobar2000
    2) Go to File -> Preferences -> File types
    3) Check the checkbox "Set as default audio CD player" on the lower right of the window
    4) Click "Save all"

Quote Originally Posted by JoergReiher View Post
    Hi,

You might also check the file type/context menu preferences of foobar2000. If you check "Set as default audio CD player" you can play an audio cd by right clicking on the CD in the Windows explorer and click "Play" (or whatever the English translation for the German "Wiedergabe" might be :-)
    1) Open Foobar2000
    3) Check the checkbox "Set as default audio CD player" on the lower right of the window
    4) Click "Save all"
    Or not being able to use asio and mme with the same hardware at the same time.

I see that the saga continues
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by JoergReiher View Post
    Hi,

1) Open Foobar2000
    4) Click "Save all"
    Dang. I'm using an older version (0.8.3), which is all different. Maybe I'll try to load the newer one and see if I can fix the noise blip issue...

Thanks for your help.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts