Close

Default Viewing automation from other effects?

Is there a way to view automation on a non-SAW plug-in? In particular I'd like to view real-time automation on the Sonoris Pitch Time. I can automate the plug-in, but I don't know how to view the automation so that I might delete a bad pass etc. Thanks.

Default Re: Viewing automation from other effects?

You should be able to watch the plugin settings change as you slide the cursor across the automation in the timeline... exactly the same as watching automation on faders and other controls.

Bob L

Look in the manual for View Filter. If you can locate one automation move of the type you want to display and control tab to it, then hit V, you will see just that type of automation.

Regards,

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Grekim View Post
    Is there a way to view automation on a non-SAW plug-in? In particular I'd like to view real-time automation on the Sonoris Pitch Time. I can automate the plug-in, but I don't know how to view the automation so that I might delete a bad pass etc. Thanks.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You should be able to watch the plugin settings change as you slide the cursor across the automation in the timeline... exactly the same as watching automation on faders and other controls.

Bob L
    Yes, plug-in settings change - automation is working. But, I'd like to be able to see a place where I made an automation entry, just like the lines that get written on fader moves, so that if I want to redo an automation, I can mark an area and delete. Otherwise the automation would keep accumulating since the unwanted automation would not be erased.

Pitchtime does make automation marks like SAW. Perhaps try changing the track color if you can't see them easily.

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Just in case,
    If you have the plug-in inserted at the output or return track, the automation will be drawn there and not on the track channels.

DanT

Yes!! it's working on my studio computer. I had tried it out previously with SawBasic 1.5 on my internet computer and maybe the color was set to something weird. Whatever the case, it's working now. Thanks!