Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: SAC interface reports...

Ian... nothing like SAC exists... its a new paradigm for audio.... anyopne jumping in will have a lot to learn about... and its very worth leaning about, in my opinion... if they don't want to read a bit and learn about how it all works... and then practice new methods of getting an old job done in a new way.... then it really may not be the tool for them.

There is no intuitive involved here... there is nothing out there that already establishes the basics... SAC establishes the basics...

I suggest you stop worrying about new users and the success of SAC based on standards... SAC is establishing new standards... all that should be important is that you learn how to make it fly and be excited about using it... in the end... the success will depend on people coming to SAC with an open mind and a desire to explore new territory... and there will be many rewards in store for those that jump in.

Right at the moment, worrying about every keystroke and mouse click is not my highest priority... getting the engine solid and stable so it does not crash and burn during a live show is my primary focus.

There are many feature ideas that I can guarentee you or many others have not even thought about that are already on the todo list, that have been worked out over the many years of thinking about this product by myself and many excellent pro live sound engineers... these features will be showing up in the code shortly... believe me... they will give you all plenty to be excited about.

Other good ideas will come from this forum, along the way... but the concern for 10 different methods to scroll or subtract one mouse click are not very high on the priority list at the moment and will most likely not meet with great enthusiasm... I hardly feel that will have anything to do with new users jumping on board or not... there are many other reasons why SAC should attract new users and I hardly think it has to do with whether they intuitively know how to adjust the fader taper without having to read about it... in fact, where else can you adjust the fader taper on another peice of equipment and is it really something I would know how to do without reading the manual?

SAC is an exciting new journey... join me in the excitement of that new journey... and leave the worry about other new users behind.

Those that are good candidates for this new journey will certainly find their way to us and the SAC word will spread far and wide.... fast!

Bob L

well i dissagree about the intuitive, its an audio program so people will expect it to work certain ways.

but i will leave this stuff to you, its your baby, im just glad to be a passanger. i still think the auto mute headphone chase channel is a good idea though

thanks Bob, i will stop mithering you now

life will bring what life brings, without rain, sun is a curse

Iain Westland info@paddedcellrecords dot co dot uk

Uk 796 then 200 plus 5712

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Westland View Post
    well i dissagree about the intuitive, its an audio program so people will expect it to work certain ways.

but i will leave this stuff to you, its your baby, im just glad to be a passanger. i still think the auto mute headphone chase channel is a good idea though

thanks Bob, i will stop mithering you now

Feel like you went skeet shooting, and you were the skeet?
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

just glad Bob uses salt pelletts 41 and i still get told off

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Westland View Post
    just glad Bob uses salt pelletts 41 and i still get told off
    That Salt can hurt like the dickens as well!
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Just think what it feels like from this end... with everyone shooting at the same time in my direction.

Bob L

i know what you mean Bob, and i appreciate all your doing, but im not shooting, im sugesting. if theres a good reason not to have something ( afayk it would increase cpu 25% to implement say) then we would all stand corrected happily. a lot of our ideas are improvements in our mind, from our ideas of useage. im very happy your sorting out the dual cpu thing, and i havent got one, but i also know you keep a list of things to do, we put forward ideas for that list, not for the next release.

your a hippy Bob, you want to make the best product available for the least cost, thats my perception, its also my ethos and why i am here. my studio would run fine under cubase sx3, but they dont make me feel as at home as you do!!

as i said, you carry on Bob, its important that you get this all sorted to your sattisfaction, i just wanted a ride, and your one hell of a driver

Iain

*bump*

Hey Bob, maybe you should sticky this thread. Tons of useful information here.

-0z-
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Robert,

I could not resist quoting this thread on an (amazing) Alesis IO26 review.

Since the Alesis support follows this thread, that might lead them to give a closer look to their drivers, in the performance arena.

I felt that the IO26 users needed to hear about saw basic too, since both products offer incredible value : Robert R., you might be the cause of a sudden peak in the demo downloads, maybe more

And Bob, you don't hear a lot about us not shooting at you. But we are still there and alive ;p
    Last edited by rdubost; 11-23-2008 at 08:14 AM.