Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Side chaining FX in SAW ?

How do you guys side chain to FX in SAW ?? , like a gate or compressor ETC.

NOT native plugs !!!!

LAter
    Buzz

Default Re: Side chaining FX in SAW ?

You don't... unless the specific plugin allows it.

at least I've no clue how
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Mike -
    Sorry - afaik but if you want to do side chaining of FX in SAW - you need to use native FX!

Right now the side chain capable plugins I am aware of in SAW are the Levelizer and the JMS Audioware Program Compressor - http://www.jms-audioware.com/progcomp.htm

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Don't forget all the channels comps and gates can key off of any other channel... before or after.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Don't forget all the channels comps and gates can key off of any other channel... before or after.

Bob L
    Yup - an awesome feature to have - it's already there without having to add any plugin at all.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

6. Default Re: Side chaining FX in SAW ?

Is this theorethically possible?

Can one program a SAW plugin that hosts a sidechaining VST plugin (with multiple inputs), and from the SAW plugin Key the audio from another track and feed it to the sidechaining input of the hosted plugin? If so, probably I could program it.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
    Is this theorethically possible?

Can one program a SAW plugin that hosts a sidechaining VST plugin (with multiple inputs), and from the SAW plugin Key the audio from another track and feed it to the sidechaining input of the hosted plugin? If so, probably I could program it.
    Yes.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

8. Default Re: Side chaining FX in SAW ?

Quote Originally Posted by AudioAstronomer View Post
    Yes.
    Lovely.

It would seem ( of course this would be a Feature request !! ) that the wrapper that the FX are in there could be the ability to select the inputs on the upper area where the Triangle is ??

I have no idea what this would take programming wise but it would be a nice addition to SAW IMO !! just another improvement ?

Later
    Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by mikebuzz View Post
    It would seem ( of course this would be a Feature request !! ) that the wrapper that the FX are in there could be the ability to select the inputs on the upper area where the Triangle is ??

I have no idea what this would take programming wise but it would be a nice addition to SAW IMO !! just another improvement ?

Later
    Buzz
    Mike -
    Got to say that if you don't want to wait around for code changes both the Levelizer and JMS Program Comp work very well for side chain chores. I'm not quite sure why you don't like these already existing options.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson