Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 31 band graphic for sac.. Peiter ?

any recommendations for this? for now just keep using my hardware, but part of the whole idea is eliminating the need for that right? i know about the anwida but don't really like it. so, what would be nice to see is a native version from peiter, cause i like his work, that is strictly for the sac native api:

31 bands
    stereo
    lowest possible cpu use
    no latency
    maybe variable hi-pass/lo-pass
    anything else i may be forgeting

thanks for your time,
    tony
    Last edited by Leadfoot; 03-30-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added anwida sentence

Default Re: 31 band graphic for sac.. Peiter ?

Why don't you like the anwida? (considering it satisfies all your requirements)

That information would go a long way towards not having a repeat.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

To clarify - a SAW native 31band graphic eq already exists as part of Anwida's Equo pack - http://www.anwida.com/product.asp?pid=11

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

And there is certainly nothing wrong with it... my guess it easily matches your hardware in the live arena.

Or... do you really find yourself needing to adjust 31 bands of eq to obtain your desired results? Use my eq and if you need more than the 7 bands, patch another one in and continue adjusting... you can change the center freq on all 7 bands along the full bandwidth.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    And there is certainly nothing wrong with it... my guess it easily matches your hardware in the live arena.

Or... do you really find yourself needing to adjust 31 bands of eq to obtain your desired results? Use my eq and if you need more than the 7 bands, patch another one in and continue adjusting... you can change the center freq on all 7 bands along the full bandwidth.

Bob L
    Also if you are adjusting more the 5 to 7 something else is wrong
    Crossover setting, amp gain etc.
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post

Bob L
    Wow, never thought of that. For the time it takes to create 5 presets, load 5 instances into your main out channel post, save as default, you have a 31+ -1/3 oct. graphic, always there, for free!

Quote Originally Posted by AudioAstronomer View Post
    wow, always interesting to hear what the masses have to say

one thing i don't like about it is it doesn't zero itself out per fader with a right click. everything else in sac is perfect and i want that to be too. obviously i'm being picky on that, but everyone else is about other stuff also not quite sure about the sound of it, but haven't used it enough in all fairness.

warren, i like to slide all 31 bands all the way up to get more gain out of my system.. (i'm either joking, or i'm a dj). of course you may be correct in that statement, although i've been in some tough rooms. never the less, i am simply used to looking at 31 bands and i like it that way, especially for monitors. imo, when it comes to mains and especially mons eq, quick and easy to find adjustability is key.

bob, is the sac api any different from saw? i thought you mentioned that it was, which kinda led me to believe plugs written stricly for sac would be even more efficient.

thanks for the replies guys, of course i can make it work with what's there, i just thought maybe there was some merit to a sonoris 31 band. maybe not.

thanks,
    tony

Quote Originally Posted by AudioAstronomer View Post

That information would go a long way towards not having a repeat.
    i missed this part in my reply..

astronomer, sonoris comps etc are all "repeats" as well so why does he make them available to us? my guess is because they're better. so i would guess his 31 band eq would be as well, that's all. if that's what you meant by "repeat".

thanks,
    tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    i missed this part in my reply..

astronomer, sonoris comps etc are all "repeats" as well so why does he make them available to us? my guess is because they're better. so i would guess his 31 band eq would be as well, that's all. if that's what you meant by "repeat".

thanks,
    tony.
    Better? They're different for sure. Better for some applications and worse for others.

Personally, my goto compressor is the cx1v, and has been for a while now. I own the sonoris compressors, and lots of $$ vst's that I don't even have installed anymore because the cx1v suits my needs for most of what I do. I can certainly see though where it could be deficient and the sonoris compressor to be superior for many styles of music and applications. Same goes for all their products.

As for quality... the anwida plugins are all quite excellent in this regard. The very minor benefit a more optimized and engineered sonoris version would give you would very well be completely nulled in a live scenario.

It just seemed strange to me that anwida makes exactly what you're looking for (except for the fader zero'ing), and you're asking for someone else to make another one. I thought maybe anwida had upset you in someway, or you were morally opposed to their products... or

Anyways, I'm mostly just curious
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Or you could use the JMS Hi-Res EQ. It's only 10 bands, but fully parametric and has served me well live.
    -Craig