Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Bob, another excellent update. I can now run my Echo AudioFire at 1x32 (ASIO) with the occasional dropped buffer (About one a minute), pretty amazing. I can run 24 inputs with EQ, gate and comp at less than 50%, all on my 1.7GHz P4M laptop.

Thanks for the work.

Dominic

Default Re: 0.2a performance

I am curious... if you are dropping buffers... do you get latency drift after an hour or so... or are the buffers being corrected properly?

And... try using the RealTime Priority option... does that improve things... otherwise... try 2 or 3 buffers and see if you can stop the loss.

At least now... you can read them... and they should be correctede automatically... but I would still suggest running the system in a mode where there are zero dropped buffers after an hour or so.

Bob L

Just ran a quick two hour test tonight with my (now standard) test setup.
    SAC with 2x64, 32 loaded channels, while recording 32 channels in SAW.

0 slipped buffers.
    SAC MT load at 62-65%

CPU running rather high between 80-90% (with Task Manager open), but I've got 22 processes running as well.
    The only time I got dropped buffers was when I opened Task Manager, but running SAC in RealTime priority solved that problem.

Putting Saw into record or record ready mode causes SAC to jump about 10% higher. That's with Saw using mme and Sac using asio.

DanT

That's because MME loads the cpu heavily in the background... outside of SAC and SAW... therefore with the loads that high... you are cutting into the SAC processing time.

For every open MME device, the system starts another thread, or more... and they are all then competing for cpu time.

Bob L

still, that will be fixed when the hooks are in place, wont it Bob, eh? hint hint, whats that over there? oh, its a nudge

thanks for all the good work sir
    life will bring what life brings, without rain, sun is a curse

Iain Westland info@paddedcellrecords dot co dot uk

Uk 796 then 200 plus 5712

Can't fix the way MME works... no... but you won't be using a driver model in SAW once the hooks are in... hopefully, you will be directly connecting to SAC.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Can't fix the way MME works... no... but you won't be using a driver model in SAW once the hooks are in... hopefully, you will be directly connecting to SAC.

Bob L
    So, does that mean that if you were to have to shut SAC down momentarily that you would interrupt your Saw recording as well?

DanT

Yes it would... all input data is coming in thru the SAC engine.

Bob L

Well, knowing that, even though the hooks sound like the best idea for most applications, I hope you'll also allow them to stay independent.

If I'm recording and decide that I need to shut down SAC to reconfigure something, or for whatever reason, I'd hate to lose part of my recording as well.

DanT

Of course the idea is that SAC is the FOH mixer as well as the Monitor Mixers... so shutdown is not an option.

Of course you can record direct to SAWStudio and monitor right inside SS if that's all you are doing... then there is no reason to run SAC... why strain the machine.

The idea of recording to SAWStudio using the MME and use SAC on ASIO at the same time on the same machine... is not the best concept in the world... while it does work for a demonstration... I do not think that is how I would attempt to capture an important live performance.

Bob L