Close

Thread: OT IE7 control

Default OT IE7 control

Now when I launch IE7 and try to adjust options (from any profile) I get:
    "Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your sys admin."

I gain "Run" control of Internet options via: inetcpl.cpl
    Is that the same as doing it from IE7??

Even when I try to change control from inetcpl.cpl.... I get a warning that:
    "Then they advise:"system administrator might have disabled or even removed certain settings by using Group Policy. Group Policy is a feature of Windows that lets system administrators manage users' access to Windows features. If you suspect that Group Policy is preventing you from changing a setting that you need to access, contact your system administrator."

I've heard the hassle IE7 is to uninstall and reinstall (if you have XPsp1 disk with alternate source for sp2).

Is there an easier way to accomplish system control back over "internet options"?

(no wise "MAC", please)
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: OT IE7 control

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    I've heard the hassle IE7 is to uninstall and reinstall (if you have XPsp1 disk with alternate source for sp2).
    Don't know about the rest, but I feel for ya...

I had absolutely no problem uninstalling IE7 and going back to 6.... In fact, uninstalling IE7 put back IE6 on its own, complete with all my old settings and favorites. I installed IE7 as part of a (reluctant) updating from XP/Sp1 to SP2.... and finally Sp3 just a few weeks ago.

I think the sluggishness of IE7 and the new "look" were enough to make me hope I never need to get a Vista pc anytime soon.....

Good luck,
    DanT