Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SAC CPU Usage

Default Re: SAC CPU Usage

Still waiting on the RME cards....but in the meantime a quick question. How can you do a live crossfade for DJ style work in SAC. You know like the DJ mixers that have 2 CD players and while the DJ is talking he crossfades from one CD to the next...
    Steve L.

There is an auto crossfade option coming and the scenes will also allow fade times... for now, you can use one of the midi controllers with 8 faders.

Bob L

OK finally got the RME cards and set it up on the system I built for MB Productions. 3.0G Core 2 Duo / 2 G DDR2/800 RAM / 250 G HD / ECS motherboard w/2 PCI slots. 40 channel setup w/5 ADA800's running 32 active EQ's / 14 gates / 26 compressors / 11 channels to Aux 1 reverb / 9 channels to Aux 2 reverb / FOH / Mon 1 / Mon 2 / 9 seperate effects such as EQ / Delays / reverbs and it running at 30% for 8 hours with no slipped buffers. They will be VERY happy now! Too bad I can't keep this setup around to show off SAC....everyone that has seen it is blown away.

Steve L.
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Richmond, KY

Good job Steve... it is exciting to see it fly when a stable system is setup.

Bob L

Thanks for the update Steve - nice to know you got it all happening.

cheers

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

One quick question MB Productions called about. When copying a setup from say Mon 1 to Mon 2 the attenuator settings do not copy or am I missing something? They need to do just that and I could not find it.
    Steve L.
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording

The duplicate mix settings on the monitor menu only duplicate what the option states... faders and pans... eq... etc... they are used for a quick start on setting up a new monitor mix.

If you want to duplicate an entire mix template from one monitor console to the next, you can use the store/recall features... read the helpfile on how they work... you can select as many channels as you want and store those complete chan settings to chan template files and then recall them all at once on a new monitor mixer.

Bob L