Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Sonoris Meter 2.0 released!

This post is to inform you that the Sonoris Meter 2.0 has been released. The Smtr 2.0 is a redesign of the previous version with numerous new features like:

- correlation meter
    - bandpass noise calibration option
    - regular, non K-System scale
    - enhanced speed and better memory usage
    - Vista compatible help
    - also available in VST format
    - etc

For more product information and a demo download please visit:

http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/meter-p-34.html

best regards,
    Pieter Stenekes
    www.sonorissoftware.com

Default Re: Sonoris Meter 2.0 released!

Pieter -
    Thanks so much for making an excellent tool even better.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Pieter,
    You are the man!
    Cheers!
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

No to sound totally stupid what is the advantage of this meter over the built in SAW meter? And what benefit would it see if I was not mastering.
    TIA
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by soundtrack2life View Post
    No to sound totally stupid what is the advantage of this meter over the built in SAW meter? And what benefit would it see if I was not mastering.
    TIA
    Joe
    * you can place it on an output channel (or any other channel you desire) and have it remain visible at all times even when scrolling on the F-keys.
    * it's larger than the SAW meters so you can read it easier and clearer
    * it shows more low level details than the SAW meters do (great to make sure you don't have any noise problems in any analog gear, that dithering is functioning properly or that fades aren't getting cut off)
    * it has a phase correlation meter (so you can make sure your mixes are staying mono compatible)
    * it has both RMS and LEQa metering - allowing you to see not only the peak levels but also very accurately measure the average level of your mixes
    * it contains a pink noise generator so you can calibrate your monitor level
    * it has an overs meter and a intersample peak over meter so you can make sure that if you are maxing out levels you aren't creating problematic peaks.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    * you can place it on an output channel (or any other channel you desire) and have it remain visible at all times even when scrolling on the F-keys.
    * it's larger than the SAW meters so you can read it easier and clearer
    * it shows more low level details than the SAW meters do (great to make sure you don't have any noise problems in any analog gear, that dithering is functioning properly or that fades aren't getting cut off)
    * it has a phase correlation meter (so you can make sure your mixes are staying mono compatible)
    * it has both RMS and LEQa metering - allowing you to see not only the peak levels but also very accurately measure the average level of your mixes
    * it contains a pink noise generator so you can calibrate your monitor level
    * it has an overs meter and a intersample peak over meter so you can make sure that if you are maxing out levels you aren't creating problematic peaks.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    I think you forgot to mention a couple important things:
    1. Speed
    2. Low CPU usage (becomes critical when wanting to patch two or more meters)
    3. Native
    (I currently use Elemental Audio InspectorXL - excellent stuff - but lacks the above three critical points above)
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Thumbs up Re: Sonoris Meter 2.0 released!

Sounds gøød to me, Pieter...thanks. I finally got around to ordering...can't wait to try Intersample Mode.

Best regards,
    Míke È. Déè

JUST UPGRADED, MT LOAD NOT MORE THAN 1%...., NICE !!

I would say you have to completely understand the K-Meter system proposal to fully appreciate Sonoris Meter. But watch out! Once you do it, you never come back!
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

I just bought the upgrade to the Sonoris Meter. There is no download link in my account. I have the original meter and the dither. Both times they had a link to download but the upgrade did not give me a link to download. Did I miss something? What should I do?
    Best to all!
    David