Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Support for audio playback

Many of the gigs I do include live bands along with track acts. They bring a CD and want it played while they vocalize into the mic. Ingesting their CD into my system would be quite easy. Does SAC have any ability to play back a .wav file on one of its input channels?

Default Re: Support for audio playback

Well... using SAWStudio Lite or Full is the most powerful way to go... you can play stereo files or multitrack files and simply assign any chan on SAC to look at the SS mix output chan thru the SAC-Link.

This method also allows you to use the SAWStudio Control Track for cueing multiple song tracks and with the Control Track Hide/Show feature, the view can reside ontop of SAC and in a nice empty spot on the screen and you can actually cue and start any song from inside SAC, even using a midi keyboard to trigger each song.

Or, try Loopazoid VST plugin... free on the web... you can place up to 48 wav files (any length) into the trigger slots and playback from there by just clicking any of the buttons... you can easily use more instances of Loopazoid for more files.

And... I am working on a media player native plugin for SAC that should allow you to play wav, mp3, mpg, etc files directly in SAC... as well as the ability to cue and lock multiple chans together for multitrack playback among multi instances on different chans. This player will hopefully also play video files as well.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    >snip<
    And... I am working on a media player native plugin for SAC that should allow you to play wav, mp3, mpg, etc files directly in SAC... as well as the ability to cue and lock multiple chans together for multitrack playback among multi instances on different chans. This player will hopefully also play video files as well.

Bob L
    This will be fantastic - thanks Bob

cheers

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

I have used Sawstudio to do both single track as well as multi-track playback thru SAC. Works very well. The only problem that I am now having is folks who bring me their poorly converted mp3 files to play back.

greg

No problem... there must be at least a few hundred mp3 converter utilities around from free to very cheap.

Convert the mp3 files to wavs and have a blast.

And please don't talk about hard disk space... giant hard dives are extremely cheap these days.

Bob L

Also sign me up as excited about the concept of a native media player for SAC...

Just started playin with the SAW demo...ya, I'm gonna have to get that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Trackzilla View Post
    Also sign me up as excited about the concept of a native media player for SAC...

Just started playin with the SAW demo...ya, I'm gonna have to get that too...
    Yeah. This would be an awesome feature.

Track, you're joking about SAW, right? I though you were all over the SS forum.

Nope, serious...I found my new home with RML by way of SAC, I was on a quest to find a way to computerize my whole live system right as SAC was entering beta.
    I just started playin with SS demo...don't own it yet...and it's obvious to me already that I want to lol.

I do no traditional studio work, I'm a sound contractor providing small concert systems & doing installation. I was a Sonic Foundry dealer for a while just before Sony bought them, and Sony kept sendin me 1 free copy of the new stuff for the next several versions in an effort to entice me I guess Needless to say I am quite fluent in those apps as a result.

Historically I use Vegas to MT live shows when requested and mixdown only for those clients that aren't after just the raw tracks (most commonly they are logging a few shows and finishing their project on their own). So it's only a few uses of the recording software per year for me.

What I'm doing atm is creating a duplicate of a recent Vegas mix in SS. An 8 woman a capella group sharing mics & initially sounding like they'd eaten reverb plates before hitting the stage. Since it was a classic case of complex processing & automation in an attempt to sound unprocessed it is doing a tidy job of ramping the learning curve. It is also having the side effect of giving me a different insight into SAC...it's almost like SAC & SAW were written by the same guy or something...

Oh BTW, to those playing along at home, so far in the basic mix bed before automation I have been able to accomplish with SAW's built-in processing what took $800 of additional plugs to make Vegas do
    Last edited by Trackzilla; 11-11-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spaces...ease of reading

Bob, do you knpw when the media player will be finish,

One thing I am missing with SAC/SAW is a SAW trigger from within
    SACĀ“s scene list, I think you have said it was on the to do list,

Sebastian

The SAW trigger from a SAC scene is on the list... not sure when that will show... the media player is still early on in its development.

You can use the Control Track from SAW in Hide/Show mode to float inside SAC... from there you can cue and trigger playback of SAW from inside SAC manually or with a midi keyboard trigger.

Bob L