Close

1. Default Line6 Gearbox Plug

I have the Line6 Gearbox plug. I have never gotten it to work in SAC and assumed it was a latency issue. But I dropped it into SS and used it in live mode and it doesnt seem to have any problem with latency. In SAC the Plug doesnt seem to be acticated. I uninstalled and reactivated and still it didnt work.

Yes sometimes I get lazy and only want to carry a volume pedal and tuner for my guitar/bass rig.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Line6 Gearbox Plug

Look in the plugin popup window holder in SAWStudio and see if it reports latency in the options menu.

SAWStudio's engine does compensate for latency... even in Live mode... but at the expense of adding delay to the input signal monitor.

SAC will not allow any input delay at all since its primary focus is to be used as a live console and therefore internally bypasses any plugin that attempts to delay the signal.

Bob L

3. Default Re: Line6 Gearbox Plug

Bob -

SS shows - Auto Latency Compensation 110 Samples. So I am guessing thats the problem.

So even if I were to up my buffer size to 128/256 the plug wouldnt work?

Dave
    Last edited by txshonk; 11-17-2008 at 06:15 AM.

Default Re: Line6 Gearbox Plug

SAC bypasses latency-adding plug ins. That's the size of it. As it should be, I feel. Changing buffer sizes makes no difference.

Dominic

5. Default Re: Line6 Gearbox Plug

I have no problems with bypassing the latency adding plugs. I just didnt understand the difference in how latency adding plugs were handled in SAC vs SS. Just making sure I start to get a better understanding on how things work in SAC/SS.

Thanks for all the info.