Close

Default Library view auditioning 24-bit files

I received some 24-bit files from a session. If I try to audition them from a Library view, they won't play. But if I insert them into the MultiTrack, they play fine. I'm guessing this has something to do with the capabilities of my sound card (Audigy X-Fi), but is there some setting in SAW that I may be missing also?

Thanks.

Roger

Default Re: Library view auditioning 24-bit files

The MT overides default file bit depth and rates and forces the output to the MT settings using the built-in conversion routines...

The Soundfile view plays the files at their default settings.

You may need to select the 24 bit WDM Compatible mode in the Driver Model option in the Options menu... that may allow the soundcard to play the 24 bit files directly in the Soundfile view.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The MT overides default file bit depth and rates and forces the output to the MT settings using the built-in conversion routines...

The Soundfile view plays the files at their default settings.

You may need to select the 24 bit WDM Compatible mode in the Driver Model option in the Options menu... that may allow the soundcard to play the 24 bit files directly in the Soundfile view.

Bob L
    Hey, thanks, Bob. Never knew this would solve the problem of my Sound Blaster not playing 24 bit stuff in Sound File View. Now it works!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks, Bob! Solved the problem.

Roger