Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Feature Request: Cursor follows mouse clicks in MT

Bob, would you please consider adding an option to the MultiTrack that allows the playback cursor to follow our mouse clicks?

Currently it takes two clicks to select and move regions that are spanned along the timeline. One to change the hot track and another to select the next region in line. (consider multiple regions all lined up on one track and they each need to be moved vertically to their own track)

IOW: I would like to be able to change the hot track and select my next region with a single click (or ctrl-click/shift-click).

Adding this option would save me many clicks.

Thank you.
    Brought to you by: CRS (the Click Reduction Society)

Default Re: Feature Request: Cursor follows mouse clicks in MT

it could be handy with a option like that, as you said with a shortcut to
    turn it on/off like we can with the grid mode (G).

I do sometimes have jobs where I so to speak improvise on the timelines,
    and to be able to grab and move without thinking of shift or control would be a plus.
    Then when things begin to take shape and regions has to be more save,
    we could go back to normal edit mode, witch I really like.

Sebastian

My reasoning for locking the cursor when changing hot tracks is for the purpose of being able to snap regions to a preset sync position from one track to another... I find this extremely powerful and would not want to loose it.

I'll have to consider possibilities here before I change anything... I like the way it works now and consider the current design quite a bonus over others I have used.

Bob L

Ok... in looking over the code and operation concepts, I was able to allow all Shift, Ctrl, or Alt key region manipulation functions to operate on the first click as you change hottracks... without interfering with my original cursor lock function for snapping regions.

So... everything works as is now when just clicking to change hottracks... in other words the cursor freezes for further snap functions... but if you change hottracks using one of the modifier keys, then those functions will activate immediately, if you are grabbing a region.

This next update is growing by the hour.

Bob L

This and many of the other enhancements sound really great - do you have a timeline of when with this humongo update will be out ?
    David Benkert

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Ok... in looking over the code and operation concepts, I was able to allow all Shift, Ctrl, or Alt key region manipulation functions to operate on the first click as you change hottracks... without interfering with my original cursor lock function for snapping regions.

So... everything works as is now when just clicking to change hottracks... in other words the cursor freezes for further snap functions... but if you change hottracks using one of the modifier keys, then those functions will activate immediately, if you are grabbing a region.

This next update is growing by the hour.

Bob L
    Great, Bob. This will be a nice enhancement to the work flow. Without compromising the existing advantages. But I guess you knew that.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Will the CRS (Click Reduction Society) have members in the SAW Basic family, too?

The reasons for upgrading are growing by the hour!

Ira

I did put this enhancement into Basic also.

But feel free to upgrade anytime... in fact with the Xmas Sale savings... now might be good time.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    So... everything works as is now when just clicking to change hottracks... in other words the cursor freezes for further snap functions... but if you change hottracks using one of the modifier keys, then those functions will activate immediately, if you are grabbing a region
    Bob, that's a perfect solution! Thank you SO much.

That is a great solution - thanks Bob! When do you expect this humongo update to be out?
    David Benkert