Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Source Connect VST

Bob, do you know if this works in SAW? I'm looking at future options, and I know this is the next step in the VO world. Also, for recording multi tracks or punch ins for music.
    Just wondering if anyone has put their toes in this pond yet.

Default Re: Source Connect VST

According to the Source Elements website, you can download an eval copy, but you need an iLok (ducking to avoid flames) for eval or purchase.

Source Connect still has the same limits on bitrate, so IMO it's still a "better than phone line" monitor. I'd still ask the remote talent to record 44-16 mono or better and get the file later via ftp or yousendit.com.

Anybody with an iLok willing to download the eval and report if it works in SS?
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Sorry... I am not familiar with this... perhaps someone else here with an ilok can do the eval to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stebbeds View Post
    ...and I'm kinda busy for the next couple of days. My furnace stopped working....
    What do you need a furnace for?.... You're only a stone's throw away from the sun!

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    What do you need a furnace for?.... You're only a stone's throw away from the sun!
    Make that 3 stones...
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Well, it snowed in Vegas, so you don't want it down when you need it, do you?
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    According to the Source Elements website, you can download an eval copy, but you need an iLok (ducking to avoid flames) for eval or purchase.
    I've heard that you'll need an iLok to play Guitar Hero World Tour. That explains why all new consoles have USB ports. I always wondered about that.
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

I looked at this for a while, but ISDN still seems to be the way things are done for the most part. Of course, you can pay a company to bridge between SC and ISDN when needed.

I would suggest you do what I did...watch Ebay like a hawk for a good ISDN codec that meets your price point. IIRC, I bought my Zephyr for $1000. & then sent it back to the factory to have it checked out for $100.

This was after the one I bought for $300.00 was lost in shipping because the fool used duct tape on the box.

Make sure you can get ISDN service where you are located before you buy in, however.

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Itriago View Post
    Well, it snowed in Vegas, so you don't want it down when you need it, do you?
    Yeah, Bob... how are you liking the snow out there?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stebbeds View Post
    Hey Dave, do you have an iLok?

mark
    Yes, but no time right now, I'm afraid.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts