Close

Default Automation marks and deleting regions

I believe we've visited this issue in the past, but I don't recall the conclusions...

It is terribly convenient to drop an automation mark at a region boundary (especially when using marked areas). That convenience is overridden, however, by the inability to delete one region without losing the automation at its borderline with another butt-spliced region, regardless of which region the automation was meant to be applied.

It sure would be nice if there was some way of defining the region for which an automation was meant without having to adjust it inward from the region boundary edge to protect it from accidental deletion.

Bob,
    any chance that you would create a feature enhancement to allow automation at region boundaries to be left alone when deleting a butt-spliced region?.... say, by attaching it to the region boundary next to the region being deleted?

Having asked for this change, I realize that there are plenty of instances where a person wants to delete both the region and automation applied to it, regardless of where it was placed on the region.

Could the change be something that would only work when using Select Mode while Automation is turned on...... or something of that nature?

DanT

Default Re: Automation marks and deleting regions

That is one of the tricky ones... there are many variations about when that automation entry should or should not be deleted... I have considered this before with no nice solution... so for now... it is one of those things that has to be left to the user and the particular situation. Some things will just not fit nicely into a category of how it should work all the time.

Bob L

Default Re: Automation marks and deleting regions

Gotcha....

I have my workarounds.