Close

Default Audio Interface for laptop

M
    Last edited by Mark Stebbeds; 06-19-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: Audio Interface for laptop

The RME has definitely been the best performance and stability, in my 16 years of experience dealing with this stuff.

We mentioned in other threads the concerns with the firewire boxes for live use... the small 4 pin plugs are very flimsy and can cause serious dropouts and driver dissapearance if they are bumped... the 6 pin firewire is a better option.

I still suggest the RME cards or Sydek cards... if he does decide to go SAC... he gets sooooo much for the money spent compared to digital console options that it should be a no brainer to spend a little extra on a better soundcard... the performance and stability prove to be most important.

Bob L

Default Re: Audio Interface for laptop

Mark,

I don't wish to be negative, but I don't think you will find a USB interface to do this. I haven't, and I've tried a few. Generally, very hard to get either relieable or low latency with USB. Firewire is better if you are having to use a non-cardbus approach. Is a laptop essential here - what about a small desktop or m-ATX MoBo? It makes getting a cheap RME card a viable option.

Dominic