Close

Default SAC and SAW doing reheasel part 2

Hi Bob
    Today I have been trying to use partial saving in the scene window inorder to not save the output channels.

It is working if I am 100% clear in my head when doing a update,
    I find it hard to use so much brain power to recall the channel selection
    every time I have to do a update. actually I ende up with a scene mess because I did a all update.
    I know its my own fault, but please make a seperation between outputs and sub/vca.

Another thing, how do I rename a scene.

Default Re: SAC and SAW doing reheasel part 2

One minute of reading the helpfile Scene section and you would see that you can select an option in the scene properties that will always select the channels when recalling a scene... and if you only need to do that when updating, then first select the scene while pressing the ctrl-key... then the chans will be selected for you... ready for you to update and keep the original partial.

Bob L

I don´t get it...lets say I select all channels beside the output channels,
    then hit new scene, I select the "select partial chanels" and ofcause select FOH and some save options.

I do some more scenes the same way.

Now I recall the first scene, after recall it shows my partial channels as it
    should. But then all channels also will be linked, so in order to make adjustments to that scene, I left click the selection to be free to mix.
    When I then want to update my partial channels they are lost, the only
    way I can recall them is to recall the scene...then my adjustments are lost, or to select all partial channels manually...I forget that everytime.

Sebastian

First... you do not have to select the partials inside the scene properties... they are just listed there for reference... just select what channels you want in the partial scene... set the rest of the scene properties options you want and create the new scene...

Now... if you want to update that scene, you can press the Ctrl-Key when you first recall it... this will select the partial chans from the scene for you... now you are free to adjust anything you want... if you want to only adjust individual elements on one or some of the selected channels, just press the Alt-Key as you adjust... this temporarily breaks that channel free from the selected group for an individual adjustment... so you do not have to de-select anything... your seleceted channels stay selected... when you are done adjusting just update the scene and the properties will most likely stay the same, along with the list of partial channels... and you can easily add an extra channel or two or take a few out of the partial list by simply toggling the selection on the top of any mixer before updating the scene.

Bob L

My augument is that mixing with linked channels is a bit scary,
    I know my self well enough to konw that one day I forget about
    it and then by accident boost 24 channels 10 db.

anyway today we had a run through, I ended up with saving the output
    channels into each scene and it worked very well.

This was a open reheasel with audience, I want to tell you that I have never got so much possitive credit about my sound.
    Some people asked me about the micophenes and so on, but they don´t
    realise that the difference is SAC. SAC is pure magic.
    Infact the compagny witch are doing the concert (Holland House) are compleate freaked about the possibilities using SAC and SAW, I have been recording all reheasel onto 24 track and the light/video people assistent has operated SAW like a taperecorder.

My computer has been running for 4 days now, SAC has been 100% stable, what can I say...I feel no difference between a dedicated hardware mixer and SAC.

Thanks for your innovative work.

Sebastian

Good news... keep at it... the feeling gets more warm and fuzzy as you go.

Of course you don't have to mix with any grouped channels... when creating partial scenes and recalling them during a show, they do not have to also be selecting the partial channel ist... a partial scene does not force or impose selected channel grouping on you... just make sure to keep the "Select Partial Chan" switch OFF in the scene properties... you only need to have them selected when you create or update the scene.

Bob L

Hi Sebastian,
    This is all exciting news. Thanks for posting.

Have you posted yet your hardware setup? - computer(s), interface, mic pre's, etc? I can't find it, if you have.

Cheers and great work,
    Ira

the computer is a
    Intel DG31 micro atx MB.
    Intel E6850 3 ghz cpu
    ATI 1050 grafic card
    2 x 1000 gb hd
    nec or plexter cd/dvd drive
    a firewire card
    RME Madi pci card
    Antec NC1300 case

on the stage I have 3 RME micstacy´s micpre/ad converters w. madi.
    to the first micstacy a Behringer ada8000 are connected to micstacys adat output, I use the behringer for monitor send.
    near the amp room I have placed a RME ADI8QS w madi.
    The hole madi setup is controlled by RME´s remote software where its
    also possible to disable all the buttons on the hardware units.
    The micstacys also functions as splits for a radio station.

I have sac and saw conneted so saw is doining 24 track recordings and
    sac has a ip connection to the video guys for there Vj software.
    they got a headphone output directly from the madi pci card.

Sebastian