Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "W Mixer" BCR2000 Template

Bob,
    visiting BEs on my system really appreciate your BCF2000 template...

What do you think of a "W Mixer" template for the BCR2000?
    For $100.00 you could edit (almost) every parameter of the current selected channel with real knobs and buttons.

I'm fine with mouse and keyboard (faster I'd say...) but the BCR2000 would greatly enhance SAC acceptance by all those PM5D users out there...

This is my suggested template.

Hey, it could handle two more Aux and at least one more EQ Band...

Cheers.

"while(!asleep()) sheep++;"
    Carlo.

Default Re: "W Mixer" BCR2000 Template

Very clever... but... with no readouts, how do you know what freq you are setting... and what bandwidth... etc... yes you know its higher or lower but...

For all the work, is it really an improvement over using the screen with all its detailed readout displays and extra control options... I am still not convinced.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Very clever... but... with no readouts, how do you know what freq you are setting... and what bandwidth... etc...
    You look at the screen...
    I'm sure you already mixed on a M7CL... No readouts on knobs, only screen display, BEs happy...
    Also, I saw no textual readout on the Heritage I was used to mix on...

For all the work, is it really an improvement over using the screen with all its detailed readout displays and extra control options... I am still not convinced.
    As I said, I'm really fine with mouse and keyboard; still, I could talk a lot of "vintage" engineers into SAC if only they had your great sounding engine with a "button and knob" interface...

BTW, BCR2000 has one led on each button and 15 leds around each knob. So, for example on the Aux sends, you can get a really good idea of your settings while you tweak the knobs.
    I wrote a simple program, some time ago, that even used the 15 leds as a VUmeter. I'm sure you could display Gate/Comp gain reduction on the Threshold knob...
    Last edited by kruntz; 02-06-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    Cheers.

Carlo.

Sorry... It's not really where my focus is... forget the knobs... its time to get these vintage engineers adapted to the future.

Truth is... the new kids coming up could care less about knobs... they are perfectly at home on a computer screen and interface.

Bob L

i'm certainly intrigued, for exactly the reason he mentions-comfort of visiting BE-that's a big factor in my world

eventually it may solve itself as more become SAC conscious though
    Last edited by Trackzilla; 02-06-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackzilla View Post
    eventually it may solve itself as more become SAC conscious though
    Yep - and maybe that's where the focus should be - making more of us 'older guys' SAC conscious, with what it currently is, and will be in the future. Having Bob spend time with new avenues may outweigh his hand-holding some of us weak-at-heart folks like visiting BEs. Maybe we can all help 'them' become like 'us'!
    John
    Mountain Media, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Media View Post
    Yep - and maybe that's where the focus should be - making more of us 'older guys' SAC conscious, with what it currently is, and will be in the future. Having Bob spend time with new avenues may outweigh his hand-holding some of us weak-at-heart folks like visiting BEs. Maybe we can all help 'them' become like 'us'!
    Or, getting out to new venues might have the opposite effect; i.e., talking to engineers and hearing their real-world concerns and how they're implemented in live situations.

What's the old saying - "Out of the lab, into the fire"? Or, something like that...

Ira

You forget... I am out in the feild with this stuff... all the time... and guess what... it really works.

Let go of the old ways... and embrace the new way... you might find you'll enjoy the ride... and perhaps improve on your current abilities to get the job done in a much more enhanced manner.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You forget... I am out in the feild with this stuff... all the time... and guess what... it really works.

Let go of the old ways... and embrace the new way... you might find you'll enjoy the ride... and perhaps improve on your current abilities to get the job done in a much more enhanced manner.

Bob L
    I very much admire the strength of your convictions and your ability to keep your entire vision in focus all the time.

And the people here share many of your convictions and, more importantly, have an open mind and the willingness to learn new things and explore new territories.

But at some point, to be accepted in the "wider world", the audience won't share some of your - our - traits. And there will be someone who will be willing to recognize, and they'll be willing to trade off some of their vision for wider commercial acceptance.

No doubt this is a far superior product than anything CURRENTLY out there. But when others see the superiority of your system, they might be willing to give more engineers the ability to do things the way THEY feel comfortable - and the eye candy - and garner more public acceptance.

We've seen many superior products be overtaken by lesser ones due to better marketing or the willingness to "give 'em what they want".

That being said, I'M still in it for the long haul, and I'm enjoying the ride. I think most of us here are. But others might not have the patience or time or interest in being "re-educated".

Respectfully,
    Ira
    Last edited by IraSeigel; 02-07-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IraSeigel View Post
    I'M still in it for the long haul, and I'm enjoying the ride. I think most of us here are.
    Me too, obviously.

But others might not have the patience or time or interest in being "re-educated".
    I know for a fact that four of the bands we had here in the last festival were willing to buy the system instantly, just for the sound quality and the scalability. They passed, however, because their BEs would not accept a "keyboard and mouse only" system.
    I, too, very much admire the strength of Bob's convictions and vision and I'm perfectly fine with my notebook at FOH.
    Still, I'm convinced that giving people the ability to do things the way they feel comfortable could be a great catalyst and provide for an even wider acceptance of SAC...

Ultra-Respectfully,
    Cheers.

Carlo.