Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: VSTI's In SAW-EZDrummer now working

Quote Originally Posted by DominicPerry View Post
    Well,
    I'm sure real drummers were never this much hassle.

Dominic
    No, first ya have to get them there then ya have ta hope they don't turn into a pumpkin at midnight

Blog Entries

Vinny when you installed EZdummer how did you install it...did you install it inot the "SAWStudio" VST_Plugins folder?

Micro,
    Yes, I install everything into SAW's vsti folder. If they make their own sub-directory below, I copy the dll up.

I highly recommend using the .ini file link to vst plugs installed in their own folder... today there are so many copy schemes and registry path hooks going on, that moving a dll after install is possibly asking for trouble.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I highly recommend using the .ini file link to vst plugs installed in their own folder... today there are so many copy schemes and registry path hooks going on, that moving a dll after install is possibly asking for trouble.

Bob L
    Bob how do you do this, could you give more detail please?

Thanks.

From the HelpFile "Using Plug-In Effects" section:

Some VST Plug-In installations will hardcode or otherwise force their plug-in path to remain intact as installed and will not allow the .dlls to be moved into the SAW VST_PlugIns folder. SAWStudio will allow VST Plugins to reside in any folder on any drive by placing an .ini file substitute in the VST_Plugins folder pointing to the full path of the dll file itself. Open the Notepad (or any other ascii text editor) to create a new text file. Inside the file, type the full drive and path and original .dll filename on the first line of the file. Make sure to finish the line with a carriage return by pressing the [Enter] key to return the cursor to the start of the next line. Then save the file as an .ini file using the same name as the plugin itself. For example, if a VST Plugin called TestPlug.dll is installed to D:\VST\Work, then create an .ini file called TestPlug.ini and inside the file type the line D:\VST\Work\TestPlug.dll followed by a carriage return. This .ini file, placed in the VST_PlugIns folder under SAWStudio, will now link SAWStudio to find the VST plug-in in its originally installed path. This can help solve compatibility issues with hardwired path plug-ins and their various copy protection schemes.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    From the HelpFile "Using Plug-In Effects" section:

Some VST Plug-In installations will hardcode or otherwise force their plug-in path to remain intact as installed and will not allow the .dlls to be moved into the SAW VST_PlugIns folder. SAWStudio will allow VST Plugins to reside in any folder on any drive by placing an .ini file substitute in the VST_Plugins folder pointing to the full path of the dll file itself. Open the Notepad (or any other ascii text editor) to create a new text file. Inside the file, type the full drive and path and original .dll filename on the first line of the file. Make sure to finish the line with a carriage return by pressing the [Enter] key to return the cursor to the start of the next line. Then save the file as an .ini file using the same name as the plugin itself. For example, if a VST Plugin called TestPlug.dll is installed to D:\VST\Work, then create an .ini file called TestPlug.ini and inside the file type the line D:\VST\Work\TestPlug.dll followed by a carriage return. This .ini file, placed in the VST_PlugIns folder under SAWStudio, will now link SAWStudio to find the VST plug-in in its originally installed path. This can help solve compatibility issues with hardwired path plug-ins and their various copy protection schemes.

Bob L
    Ok I now remember for soome reason I was thinking about the .ini links in midi workshop. Thanks

Dominic,

Did you ever get EZ Player Pro and Virtual Cable to work together and achive multi track routing?

Quote Originally Posted by TGB View Post
    Dominic,

Did you ever get EZ Player Pro and Virtual Cable to work together and achive multi track routing?
    Graham,

Sorry, no I didn't. I can't get EZPlayer Pro to work (standalone) at all - I can launch it in SAW, but that's not what I need. It worked before but I can't work out what is wrong this time.
    Virtual Cable seems to only see ASIO drivers, which is odd, because I have used it in the past as the default device so that I could record sound from Adobe Flash. Anyway, I'm afraid I can't help, none of it seems to work and I'm so bored with any software which requires authorisations and complicated configuration. I've fiddled with computers for 20 years and I've finally had enough!

Dominic
    Last edited by DominicPerry; 05-21-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Hard disk space abounding these days, I simply copy, rather than move the dll (and other related files/folders, if any) to the C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder. Thankfully, no issues to date.

OTOH, perhaps I've been fortunate enough to use plug-ins that are not finicky.

Best regards,
    Míke È. Déè