Close

Thread: Euphonix mix

1. Thumbs down Euphonix mix

Will an euphonix mixer and or mc work with saw? I believe it is a LAN device. If there are other physical mixers that are recommended I would appreciate the advice. My budget is 1400 or lower.

Default Re: Euphonix mix

I don't know if Bob has written support for this one or not, just let me warn you... Apple is pouring a pile of money into the company encouraging their support for the Mac platform, trying to make the piece a part of a core system including Logic, aimed at supplanting Pro Tools. Windows support is secondary tot he company at this point.

Bill

3. Default Re: Euphonix mix

Good to know. Thanks. Any you know that are supported?

The control surfaces with best SAW support are the Mackie Control Universal, Mackie Baby HUI, CM Labs Motor Mix and Behringer BCF2000.

If you just need transport controllers or a single fader then Frontier Tranzport and Alpha Track are also well supported.

There's a used Motor Mix for only $300 on ebay right now -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CM-Automation-MO...3A1%7C294%3A50

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

I have the Mackie and a Tranzport, I still think that the MotorMix is the best of the lot.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Park View Post
    I have the Mackie and a Tranzport, I still think that the MotorMix is the best of the lot.

Bill
    Why do you like the MotorMix over the Mackie?
    -Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Park View Post

Bill
    fwiw - it's what I'm using over here. The advantage of the Behringer BCF2000 for SAW is that you can link up to 3 of them for up to 24 channels of faders - while with the CM Motor Mix your limited to just the 8 faders and bank switching. For me this poses no issue for what I use it for (mainly transport controls and a primary single fader that I have set to track the Multitrack view's hot track). The Motor Mix definitely has better build quality than the Behringer also.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Last edited by TotalSonic; 03-10-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Allen View Post
    Why do you like the MotorMix over the Mackie?

among other reasons, the fader resolution.

The MotorMix was largly ignored by the DAW community. I don't know how well Bob supported it, but he generally gets pretty deep and does a bangup job... this is not my opinion, this is the opinion of one of the hardware manufacturers whom he supports.

But a friend of mine writes code and got pretty deep iinto writing support for it, and it really was a very capable machine.

I felt the same way about the Tascam US2400.... the machine was capable of much more than it was allowed to do. Making work under the Mackie protocol was not giving it full rein. I do have to wonder how much data once could push up and down the USB pipe, and I had some design issues with the 2400, but I never saw it doing what it was designed to do in more than a superficial way.

For my own use, I rarely touch the mackie. Though I use 'real' 'big iron' consoles for live work, I am quite at home with the mouse for DAW work. Though I am considering reviving the X'Keys Pro for some dedicated editing keys. AutoHotkey is another possibility.

Bill

The Behringer templates I have recently provided will give you the high resolution faders with the BCF2000 also.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The Behringer templates I have recently provided will give you the high resolution faders with the BCF2000 also.

Bob L
    Indeed - they do - thanks Bob

cheers

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia