Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic change

Default Cosmetic change

I have a little aesthetic complaint. I'm not a sac user and don't expect to become one soon.

The file menu spot is not the place for a grayed-out-function. In fact, as I look at the saw interface, every-thing on there is something that has some purpose within saw. Anyway, it would be appropriate if this only became visible perhaps through a options option - maybe on the right-side, since the file menu location is one of the few things in saw that conforms to interface norms.

I understand that sac-users need it in a good spot - but if you're not a sac-user, it is clutter - as is menus in the wrong spot.

Thanks,

John

Default Re: Cosmetic change

+1

Even as an SAC user, I'm STILL not used to this. It makes no sense to me at all.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

What makes sense is that it allows the SAC-Link switching function to be easily reached and when switching between the two apps, this link position never changes.

Since the two programs have different length menu bars, placing the link function at the end of the menu causes the link option to move when switching from one app to the other.

It was originally setup that way and I agreed with the initial complaints about that.

So... no matter which way it is setup, someone complains... isn't that always the case.

In the end, I like this layout better.

Bob L

I had the same feeling as JMH but I didn't want to complain since I'm enjoying the update so much.
    But I agree since "File" is to the far left on every software I've ever used it is a little hard getting use to it being moved to it's new location.
    I'd like to see it put back but that's my preference.
    Regardless, Thanks for the update Bob!

I'd liked it better when it was on the right also. But if it means that it will again move when switching between programs, I vote to leave it as it is now!
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

I say we leave it alone for now... concentrate on all the other non-standard things about my software... like no copy protection, like no Windows Registry Hooks... like performance and speed... like 20 sec installs... like service... etc... and BE HAPPY that my stuff is NOT STANDARD.

Bob L

Not a SAC user, but I like it when buttons are anchored, and I dislike it when buttons jump around. (I may be a SAC user someday!)

Bill

I have to say, I was annoyed by this addition as well. I am only using SAW at the present time, but even if I was using both programs, its an odd place for the menu item.

What does the Sac Link menu item do?

Could it be moved to a submenu within the file menu? (then it would always be in the same place, but wouldn't be a grayed-out menu item for those not using both programs.

With the SAC-Link menu where it is now - grayed out - it's a good, constant reminder to upgrade to Lite or Full SS.

Ira

Ira, I have full SS. SAC is a different product - not an upgrade. As such, it does not belong on the interface - particularly on the most prime piece of real-estate.

Obviously this is not an emergency. That is why I labeled it as 'cosmetic' & aesthetic. But I do hope that when it is convenient, that a switch is installed that would allow the interface to appear fully functional, in the event that someone is looking over my shoulder and I'm telling them that this is the flagship of a family of great audio software.