Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 'Why?' Manual

Default A 'Why?' Manual

There are a lot of books on DAWs, but few do more than tell you what the buttons do. Basically, manuals with a higher price tags.
    They may offer editing tips, but not concepts in editing. Not even good tricks or time saving shortcuts.
    I guess what I'm getting at is, there is a thread about 'Offset' among others, that debates 'how to' use it. But, you know the best way, because you developed it.
    Are there any manuals about the why?
    Bob, I started copying some of your gems when my problem is answered. You give more insight into the program, and practical uses for various commands. I know you can't do that in the manual, but I'd gladly shell out some bucks for a book tutorial on practical uses for varous functions of Saw Studio.
    Such as: Relative ranges of Comp and EQ settings, tips, tricks, shortcuts, etc.
    We're all pros, but we all get info when you drop some wisdom on us.

Default Re: A 'Why?' Manual

I have been wanting to develop a series of video tutorials on all areas of the programs... advanced techniques and tricks and tips to getting the max out of the interface... time and money always seem to get in the way.... but I'm still hopefull.

Bob L

That would be cool Bob! I would be willing to pay $1,000.00 for something like that for sure. It would be priceless really...
    Best to all!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidandMary View Post
    That would be cool Bob! I would be willing to pay $1,000.00 for something like that for sure. It would be priceless really...
    Whoa, settle down there fella. Pay a thousand, thanks a million (from your sig), priceless. You're either a MasterCard spot or a wealthy guy who does audio for fun. Consider the rest of us poor schlubs before you set the price, huh?
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I have been wanting to develop a series of video tutorials on all areas of the programs... advanced techniques and tricks and tips to getting the max out of the interface... time and money always seem to get in the way.... but I'm still hopefull.

Bob L
    Oooo... wellllll....... one way to get a quick infusion of cash is to offer a What'll-I-Do-With-My-Tax-Rebate Discount for SAW Full & Lite upgrades. That SAC/SAW link is lookin' mighty nice these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Whoa, settle down there fella. Pay a thousand, thanks a million (from your sig), priceless. You're either a MasterCard spot or a wealthy guy who does audio for fun. Consider the rest of us poor schlubs before you set the price, huh?
    Okay Ian, thanks for the $0.02.
    Best to all!
    David

I agree. Some great videos would be awesome.
    (would you like me to make a few for you at a discount?)
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post

Bob L
    I think you should consider that there's a lot of people who'd pay $$ for those videos.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Okay Ian, thanks for the $0.02.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    I agree. Some great videos would be awesome.
    (would you like me to make a few for you at a discount?)
    Sure Carl! You guys are so funny. Good times to all...
    Best to all!
    David