Close

Exclamation Sonoris DDP Software tools released

I am proud to announce the release of the Sonoris DDP software tools. With the DDP tools Sonoris launches an affordable DDP solution for recording and mastering studio's that is compatible with virtually any DAW software on the market. The industry standard Disc Description Protocol (DDP) is supported by all major CD duplication plants and ensures an error free transfer and processing of CD masters. The software passed tests by leading mastering studio's and by a major duplication plant in the Netherlands.

- DDP Creator

The Sonoris DDP Creator is a standalone Windows CD authoring application. The main features of the DDP Creator are exporting a CD project to a DDP 2.00 fileset and importing and editing existing DDP filesets, including DDP images made with other software, like Sonic Studio HD, SADiE, Sequoia or Pyramix.

Features
    - Supporting .wav and .aif files
    - Re-ordering of tracks
    - Add/edit ISRC, MCN and CD Text per track and/or for the project
    - Add/edit track indices, even on the fly during playback
    - Playback of tracks
    - Adjust and playback transitions between tracks with pre-roll
    - Export DDP 2.00 image files
    - Import DDP 2.00 image files (loadback)
    - Cue Sheet (cue) support
    - Audio CD burning
    - Audio CD import (ripping)
    - Bit for bit CD error checking
    - Checksum file created from DDP fileset
    - PQ Sheet printing

The price of the DDP Creator is EUR 229.- (about USD 295.-)

More info and a fully functional demo are available at:

http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/ddp-creator-p-47.html

- DDP Player

The Sonoris DDP Player is a stripped down version of the DDP Creator that imports DDP 2.00 images and Cue Sheet (.cue) files for playback or to burn RedBook compatible audio CD's. This feature allows the user to check a DDP master including all PQ codes, ISRC, MCN and CD Text data before sending it to a duplicator.

The DDP Player is also available as an OEM version for (online) mastering studios that want clients to listen to and approve DDP masters. The OEM version has all features of the regular version, but is tailor made with studio branding like a logo, name, address and website URL and may be given freely to customers.

The price of the DDP Player will be EUR 59.- (about USD 75.-) and EUR 299.- (about USD 390.-) for the OEM version.

More info and a fully functional demo are available at:

http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/ddp-player-p-48.html

Thank you!

Pieter Stenekes
    Last edited by PieterS; 05-01-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Pieter Stenekes
    www.sonorissoftware.com

Default Re: Sonoris DDP Software tools released

Pieter, congratulations on the release of these new tools. I downloaded the DDP Player demo. It imported a cue sheet and checked it for errors instantly.

I see that it will export a CD. That must mean burn a CD.

Will DDP Player then check the CD for errors?

Will DDP Player create CD-ROM discs? I assume no, so it's not a complete replacement for intrusive packages like Nero and Roxio.

Thanks.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

[QUOTE=Ian Alexander;104591]Pieter, congratulations on the release of these new tools. I downloaded the DDP Player demo. It imported a cue sheet and checked it for errors instantly.
    I see that it will export a CD. That must mean burn a CD.
    Yes - it burns Red Book spec CD-R audio masters.

It will verify the disc data but it does not do a BLER check (at least in the beta I had - I need to check the final release version if this has changed)

Will DDP Player create CD-ROM discs? I assume no, so it's not a complete replacement for intrusive packages like Nero and Roxio.
    No it will not - it's specifically geared towards Red Book spec CD Audio mastering - it is not capable of creating or burning CD-ROM, CD Extra, or DVD - and it also is not an audio editor.

As it exists it's an amazing and high bang for buck add on tool specifically for mastering. But it's not made to be an "all in one" burning solution.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Thanks Steve!
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    No, this is only supported in the DDP Creator
    Pieter Stenekes
    www.sonorissoftware.com