Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Probs with RME driver 3079

Is anyone else using driver 3079?

If I stop and start the SAC engine via right click, I end up getting hundreds and thousands of slipped output buffers.

If I completely close SAC and start it again, nothing happens when enabling live mode. Load stays at 0%

A full reboot is required to remedy the situation.

2. Default Re: Probs with RME driver 3079

I tried 3077 and I was still having some slipped buffers, nothing as bad as with 3079, but they were still there.

I'm now running driver 3076 which is where I started before upgrading to 3079 and everything is back to normal now.

Default Re: Probs with RME driver 3079

I have installed 3079 on 4 laptops, hdsp express card.
    One had some buffer slips, the other 3 are working OK.
    2 machines are Vista and I checked the vista box on the about page.
    I have not tried 3079 on hdsp pci yet.
    Hope this helps.

4. Default Re: Probs with RME driver 3079

Thanks Larry.

Have you tried stopping then starting Live mode to see if you get the same results?

Things worked fine as long as I started SAC and left it.

Yes I just tried that.
    From Live I stopped and restarted it on the Tablet and there were no buffer errors.
    On some machines if I go outside of SAC and or SAW I get errors every time. But on this machine I went to Windows, have sent these messages on the internet and there are no errors (this is not true for many of the test machines).

Steve thank you for your great comunication and service on the Output card. I have not installed it. Will it work with HDSP or hammerfall drivers?

Thanks

I have often wondered if setting SPDIF in the in and out preferences would make a difference since SPDIF might want to see an external sync.
    This configuration is 64 buffer size and 3. I have had some success with 48 or 32 X 3.
    If the load climbs to 70% or more the engine will buffer error in the same machine. When it operates at 50 +- it will respond like we would like.

The 3079 is set to Master clock not Autoclock (don't know).

7. Default Re: Probs with RME driver 3079

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    Steve thank you for your great comunication and service on the Output card. I have not installed it. Will it work with HDSP or hammerfall drivers?

Thanks
    It'll work with HDSP for sure. Don't know about hammerfall.

8. Default Re: Probs with RME driver 3079

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    I have often wondered if setting SPDIF in the in and out preferences would make a difference since SPDIF might want to see an external sync.
    This configuration is 64 buffer size and 3. I have had some success with 48 or 32 X 3.
    If the load climbs to 70% or more the engine will buffer error in the same machine. When it operates at 50 +- it will respond like we would like.

The 3079 is set to Master clock not Autoclock (don't know).
    I've got 3 HDSP 9652 cards in the box. #1 is set to master and #2 and #3 are set to autosync. #1 sends internal spdif to #2 and #2 sends internal spdif to #3.

I'm running 2x64 with a load of about 50%

I wonder if the overclocking of the CPU is causing problems, though if it runs rock solid with 3076, then I'm inclined to say it's not the CPU.

I had an extreme amount of errors with two hdsp cards in the same machine with older drivers befor 3079.
    What I had to do was word clock out (I did not try spdif) then word clock in on card two with proper sync settings.
    Had a class I teach set the same machine up and I forgot to tell them to word clock. We had bad errors. Then I remembered to word clock and it worked like a champ.
    Could you word clock out from 1 into two, out of two into three?
    The spdif should work the same but it might be worth a try,

10. Default Re: Probs with RME driver 3079

I'll have to track down a couple of WC cables and try this out.