Close

Default What EXF and plugins is everyone using?

I dove into SAC head first about a week before it went full price (thanks Bob, it was the wisest money I have ever spent) and have since built a custom rack system ..... it's always stable, lean 14% with 16 loaded channels, etc. for over 50 shows in some pretty weird conditions (18 degrees - snowing.)

The only plugins/efx I have been using are the included EQ, Delay and Freeverb. I have tried Drumagog, but have not had enough time to get triggering dialed in to use it live.

What is everyone using? What can't you live without?

Thanks!

W

Default Re: What EXF and plugins is everyone using?

Very fond of Rubberfilter and the ReaEQ out of the free Reaper VST plugins pack. Trying to get some playtime with Electri-Q (the free edition) for a nice minimum phase EQ that does everything the ReqEQ does. I use a separate EQ for speaker correction and feedback notching, linear phase would be nice but it seems that's impossible for a real-time plugin. Minimum phase is the best that can be hoped for. I've tried playing with All-pass filters for phase correction, but they're too heavy handed for any sort of phase correction.

Default Re: What EXF and plugins is everyone using?

Oh, also sometimes drop a little plugin called Simple Squeeze across the output. Simple one knob voume maximizer, used sparingly, helps pump things up a little.