Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reversing Audio

Default Re: Reversing Audio

It'd be cool if the waveform would reverse too. I don't use it THAT often so it's not a big thing.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

The waveform does reverse also... what program are you using?

Bob L

Ok just did a test BIG PROBLEM !
    when laying down a GTR track to a mixed track ( that was reversed for playback ) it lays on the timeline fine in reverse playback BUT when I go to play it back to the original tracks ( after reversing the GTR track for playback ) it is out of time !!
    The problem is , when doing this on a tape deck you FLIP the tape , this just reverses the audio where it is in time !! when flipping a tape you flip the TIME ALSO !

I tried doing a mixdown to the hot track layer ( using the END key as my end time !) then reversing it , it was still off time ??

Any ideas , is there a FLIP track function Bob ? could we get one or what to do ???

Later
    Buzz

PS: I hope I was clear ??

Well... if you are just doing a gtr solo in a certain section, you might try cutting that section into its own region and just reverse that region... then your new recording should stay in sync, because you are not flipping the entire track around.

Otherwise... when you flip the track, what is happening is if the recording section is not dead center... of course it will be offset from the one side or the other based on how far into the original track the overdub section is... but... if you really want to do it this way... you would just have to snap the new recorded region into place after reversing the original track back again... you might have to make some slight adjustments to slide the region into time... easy enough if you tap the gtr strings like a metronome count a measure in front of your punch position... then line those up with the downbeats of the measure when you slide it into place.

Bob L

If you're only reversing a section of the whole song, I would cut that section out of the build mix you did and only reverse that section while recording the guitar part. That should keep the new part in line when you reverse it against the original song multi.

I would also do the same for multiple sections of the song where required... unless you need reverse guitar on the whole song, in which case it should stay aligned when reversed and played with the original multi........... That is, unless you are somehow pulling the two-track mix out of alignment with the original song before recording the guitar part.

DanT

Ok I can give those ideas a try !
    Thanks
    Buzz

PS: I really wanna make this work , I LOVE REVERSE GTR