Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fading in a channel with scene Change?

That could be done using the internal mute slope technology that is now used to keep mutes from popping... I'll mark that idea down for a future update.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Fading the out group latch fader will fade whatever chans are part of that latch.

Bob L
    I'm having trouble making this work (latest v2.4). I have various VCA subgroups, and when I fade them through a scene change, their respective, latched input channels' faders just sit there.

So maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I create the scene, I:
    - select all the appropriate Output channels
    - select New scene
    - select Out Mute, Out Fader, FOH Mixer
    - save it
    Josh
    185 Performance, LLC
    Atlanta, GA

If you are using the outs as grp Latches, then the Input faders move physically as you move the out group fader... since the signal is not actually routed through the out chan.... so you would also have to select the input faders and mutes in the scene properties to allow them to move with the scene change.

If you used the Out group fader as a real routing group, where the signals are routed into the out chan, then you would only need the out fader and mute selected in the scene properties.

Bob L

If you are using the outs as grp Latches, then the Input faders move physically as you move the out group fader... since the signal is not actually routed through the out chan.... so you would also have to select the input faders and mutes in the scene properties to allow them to move with the scene change.

Bob L
    Yep, this what I've been doing. I found my mistake...

I had been updating an existing test scene to get the faders all moving to the correct locations. But to update this existing scene, I was right-clicking on it, which I discovered (should have read the manual more closely) only updates the scene settings, but NOT the actual fader positions. So I tried using the actual scene Update button, and it grabbed and saved the fader positions as well.
    Josh
    185 Performance, LLC
    Atlanta, GA

If you used the Out group fader as a real routing group, where the signals are routed into the out chan, then you would only need the out fader and mute selected in the scene properties.

Bob L
    Really? So I guess I just never noticed that behavior before. Must have just missed that by sheer luck I guess.

I guess I would expect to be able to write a scene with just the Group Latch output data only and have any inputs that were linked to that Group Latch to follow along. Is there some reason why you wouldn't want that to happen that I'm missing?
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

The scenes do not parse the entire routing of the consoles... they just follow along with what is active or disabled within that scene's properties... so... if you want input faders to move... then they must be active in the scene properties... its pretty simple... anything you want to alter within a scene needs to be active in the properties dialog.

Bob L

The scenes do not parse the entire routing of the consoles... they just follow along with what is active or disabled within that scene's properties... so... if you want input faders to move... then they must be active in the scene properties... its pretty simple... anything you want to alter within a scene needs to be active in the properties dialog.

Bob L
    So in theory I could write a scene that changes the relative relationship between a group latch output and the inputs assigned to it? That might actually be useful now that I think about it.

And also now that I think about it.... I did know this. I remember now that when I was reassigning Group Latches during a show with Scenes I usually want to make sure both the Inputs and the Group Latch faders are all at -inf, and not that I'm thinking about it, I did realize that I had to put both the Input channels as well as the Group Latch output into the scene so that SAC would take the faders all the way down on the group latch output, the input channel that was being unassigned from the latch and the input channel that was being assigned to the latch.

Thanks,
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/