Close

Default Fader pack question

I'm considering gettin two of the Behringer fader packs. My questions is:
    Can I set which channels they control and leave it there all night? I don't want them to chase. I don't do alot of drum level changing so channels 1-8 don't need faders. The rest of my mixer looks like this- 9-18 band,out-tops vocals, out-tops instruments, out-subs, group drums, group voc, group gtr. That's 16 channels.

Default Re: Fader pack question

You can set them and lock them... have them chase your hot chan... or have them lock to one mixer view and chase only that view... etc... lots of possible combinations... and with the right-click lock mixer view on the fly, you can toggle their chase mode as you go.

Bob L

Thanks.

By turning off the hardware chase screen mode you can lock the faders to your first 16 channels on the screen. Then to assign which faders are which, you just reposition the faders in the F-Mixer screen. It's very slick and well thought out. So you could put 8 inputs all the way to the left in the F-Mixer and then put a couple of Submasters and then some master outputs, and leave your drum mics past "slot" 16 and they won't show up on your control surface, but would still be within easy reach on the screen for tweaking.

RBI

To take the question further. Can one control surface chase and the other be locked?

I can't wait till I have the $$$ to trial this. I do believe Bob about not needing control surfaces once proficiency is developed. Old habit are hard to break, aren't they.
    Phil

E8500 2gig XP SP3 DIGI9652 ADA8000 x3

6. Default Re: Fader pack question

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    To take the question further. Can one control surface chase and the other be locked?
    Not currently.

A way around this would be to have a 2nd computer running SAC remote with the 2nd fader pack attached to it and use that computer to be either the locked or chasing faders.