Close

Thread: FX Solo Patches

Default FX Solo Patches

I use http://plasq.com/wormhole to send solo bus from SAC machine (stage side) to FOH.
    I used to have it on a spare channel (not routed) with a loop-back on the RayDat SPDIF.
    Now, I'm trying to move it on the new "FX Solo Patches" feature, but it does not seem to work.
    When I patch it, the label on the window header says "Trk 01" (?) and the plugin doesn't see any signal.
    Wormhole works flawlessly in standard channels.
    Is this a small bug, or am I doing something wrong?
    Cheers.

"while(!asleep()) sheep++;"
    Carlo.

Default Re: FX Solo Patches

The labels on the plugs in the Solo patch will read trk 1... this has to still be updated since the Solo patch code did not exist as far as the plugs are concerned.

But, they should still work correctly.

Realize nothing will be sent on these plugs until the solo bus is activated.

Test using my Equalizer plug and make sure you are patched in the correct bus and can hear the results when you solo.

Bob L

Default Re: FX Solo Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The labels on the plugs in the Solo patch will read trk 1... this has to still be updated since the Solo patch code did not exist as far as the plugs are concerned.
    But, they should still work correctly.
    Ok.

Realize nothing will be sent on these plugs until the solo bus is activated.
    Obviously... ;-)

Test using my Equalizer plug and make sure you are patched in the correct bus and can hear the results when you solo.
    I think I got it.
    I assigned "FOH Solo Bus Out Device" to device [71-72], that is not on the RayDat range. I did it so since I didn't find an "Off" setting, and I'm not interested in a local output. (The signal would be routed on the network via Wormhole...)
    It seems that the solo plugins will get a signal only if the bus is assigned to a "real" output...
    That's not a problem for me, since I have plenty of unused outputs, and could remove "play through" from Wormhole anyway...

Thanks.
    Cheers.

"while(!asleep()) sheep++;"
    Carlo.