Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Native Instruments Akoustic Piano VSTi

Quote Originally Posted by WARDAK View Post
    Dave check the NI User forum Native Acoustic Piano does this with every other DAW it has been an ongoing problem 3yrs now and NI has done nothing about it. I have tried it in SAMPLITUDE, REAPER, PRO TOOL LE, and SAWSTUDIO same behavior my solution was to stop using it very sad because it's a great sounding plug-in.
    That sux - I didnt even think of looking on the NI forum - cuz it worked flawlessly for 2 months. Yes I love the sound too.

I got it running last night - but when I tried to record a track from it I got a buffer uder run error. I may see if grabbing a windows restore point prior to the breakage helps resolve.

If not I may consider spending a day on a windows rebuild to get it back.

But we will see.

Dave
    SAC and SAWLite
    Windows 7 on HP Elitebook 8460p laptop, RME Digiface, Presonus Digimax FS Preamps

Angry Re: Native Instruments Akoustic Piano VSTi

To make matters worse, I understand that Akoustik Piano -- and B4II -- will no longer be supported by NI in the very near future.

I believe neither is part of Komplete 6...so methinks I'll stop at 5.

They should remove copy-protection on these products if they're not gonna support them while removing them from their package upgrades. Yea, like that'll happen...nice goin', NI!
    Míke È. Déè

Default Re: Native Instruments Akoustic Piano VSTi

I have far less respect now for the knights who say NI!
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    To make matters worse, I understand that Akoustik Piano -- and B4II -- will no longer be supported by NI in the very near future.

I believe neither is part of Komplete 6...so methinks I'll stop at 5.

They should remove copy-protection on these products if they're not gonna support them while removing them from their package upgrades. Yea, like that'll happen...nice goin', NI!
    If you own accoustic piano you can still use it, with the new Kontakt player which is free and supported and upgraded. you still have all the features, just using a different interface. The same applies to Electric Piano which has also been discontinued. I don't know why NI hasn't made this more clear.

Of course B4II and Pro53 have also been discontinued and as they are not sample based instruments they will not work in the Kontakt player.

Komplete 6 does not include these four programs but the price has been cut in half. So for new users it still represents very good value. If you are a komplete 5 user (like me) you can still install and use the discontinued programs if you upgrade to Komplete 6. So in my case nothing has really been lost.

NI's PR department must be on holidays or something. This whole business has generated a great deal of ill feeling. The actual situation is not nearly as bad as it seems.

Mark

5. Default Re: Native Instruments Akoustic Piano VSTi

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    I have far less respect now for the knights who say NI!
    You Python-er!

6. Default Re: Native Instruments Akoustic Piano VSTi

Quote Originally Posted by ambler View Post
    If you own accoustic piano you can still use it, with the new Kontakt player which is free and supported and upgraded. you still have all the features, just using a different interface. The same applies to Electric Piano which has also been discontinued. I don't know why NI hasn't made this more clear.

Of course B4II and Pro53 have also been discontinued and as they are not sample based instruments they will not work in the Kontakt player.

Komplete 6 does not include these four programs but the price has been cut in half. So for new users it still represents very good value. If you are a komplete 5 user (like me) you can still install and use the discontinued programs if you upgrade to Komplete 6. So in my case nothing has really been lost.

NI's PR department must be on holidays or something. This whole business has generated a great deal of ill feeling. The actual situation is not nearly as bad as it seems.

Mark
    Can't you just export the sounds as a certain file type and import into another rompler or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ambler View Post

Mark
    That's a shame. B4II is what I use the most and it suffers greatly with hung notes in MWS. I was hoping for a magic-cure in the update. With the way the plug sounds and the available control features, I can't believe it's not one of the more popular toys in the box.

Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Boot into a single cpu and I bet your hung notes will dissapear... this bug has been there since the first B4 version... And... this problem exists in the stand-alone version as well as the plugin... so that pretty much takes MWS out of the picture... at least that is my experience here with the original B4... which I love, by the way.

Use the boot.ini /onecpu option... you must force the system to see only 1 cpu.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by AcousticGlue View Post
    Can't you just export the sounds as a certain file type and import into another rompler or something?

In the case of Akoustik Piano and Electrik Piano, yes you can, or you can use Kontakt if you have it or the free kontakt player if you don't. Both of these programs are just Kontakt sample sets with there own interfaces.

B4II and Pro53 are both self contained synths and are not sample based at all so it's the end of the line for them, but they are both matured programs that work well and will continue to do so.

Mark
    Last edited by ambler; 10-01-2009 at 11:06 AM.