Close

Question Overlays for BCF2000?

Hi, Bob -

Are there any printable overlays for the BCF2000 templates for SAC and SAWStudio? If so, I cannot seem to locate them on your sites.

Thanks and regards,

Mike
    Míke È. Déè

Default Re: Overlays for BCF2000?

are you using an emulation or the saw/sac bcf temp?
    life will bring what life brings, without rain, sun is a curse

Iain Westland info@paddedcellrecords dot co dot uk

Uk 796 then 200 plus 5712

No printable overlays... nothing really to print... you have faders, mutes, solos and pans... that chase around the interface... easy enough to remember what's what.

Bob L

Thumbs up Re: Overlays for BCF2000?

Er...yep...as simple as that.

I was expecting something more complicated...but nope...it's all there, right in front o' me.

========================================

Say, Bob...any chance of adding functionality for EQs and/or FX? (I believe the TranzPort has it to a degree....) If it's not feasible, then np, of course.

P.S. Thanks for your help earlier...reinstalling the Layla's 7.3 driver got my ASIO back up & running again.

Best regards,
    Míke È. Déè

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Westland View Post
    are you using an emulation or the saw/sac bcf temp?
    Bob's BCF template, Iain. As I had just posted, I didn't expect it to be that simple.

Best regards,
    Míke È. Déè

Question Re: Overlays for BCF2000?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    Say, Bob...any chance of adding functionality for EQs and/or FX [to the BCF template]? (I believe the TranzPort has it to a degree....) If it's not feasible, then np, of course.
    Actually, the more I think about it...would it really save that much time/effort vs. the Touchpad [laptop]?

Your thoughts?
    Míke È. Déè

I have said many times, I am not interested in going further for Eq and other controls on controllers that do not have readout displays.

In fact... as you all know... I am not interested in controllers really that much at all...

A few faders can help you... beyond that... you can work much faster from the screen, in my opinion and experience.

We are doing it every day... in very large venues... with complex shows and setups.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I have said many times, I am not interested in going further for Eq and other controls on controllers that do not have readout displays.

In fact... as you all know... I am not interested in controllers really that much at all...

A few faders can help you... beyond that... you can work much faster from the screen, in my opinion and experience.

We are doing it every day... in very large venues... with complex shows and setups.

Bob L
    Bob,
    I have 48 channels going and I don't not miss the faders. Flying by mouse is a dream come true. The best thing is that when I am training my staff it just comes naturally to them that they have to take the time to get the band sound checked throughly to avoid needing to knob twist during the show.
    Just yesterday I had my newest engineer on a show and he was a little bit worried about the mouse thing. After I went through and checked everything in the band with him and we started; all was good.
    He said and I quote "You don't have to do much with this it drives itself"

For the way I like to work this is great.

Thanks Bob... looking forward to see what the new update has in store for us.
    OGO
    SAC Configuration:
    ASUS P5Q-E Intel E8400 Over clocked to 3.4GHZ 4MB RAM 2 RME Digiface with PCI Card 6 ADA800
    Ruberfilter, Tapeit, Studio Reverb
    Running up to 48 channels and 12 monitors
    with 60%-70% CPU Flawless and sounding amazing.
    Glad to leave that big outboard rack in the warehouse!!

The more I practiced, the more I felt basically what you just wrote, Bob.

I'm getting faster at it...pretty much working the same way I've been in SAWStudio (never used a console with SS). The BCF's faders, pans, solos, and mutes do make it a bit easier, IMHO, but I do believe that just about everything else would actually take longer to accomplish with the controller.

Hey, sometimes I gotta try something that one time before coming to the conclusion that I never really needed it.
    Last edited by MikeDee; 10-05-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    Míke È. Déè