Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP! SawStudio64 not responding

dbarrow,

I am a re-seller of ESET AV's for some 8 years now and I have never had the issues you are referring to! Interesting!

dbarrow:

That was it!! I was beginning to suspect the anti-virus, but I would have been dumbfounded as to what to do. And I use ESET also! (Actually, I run ESET Smart Security, not NOD32, but I'm sure the engine is the same.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And thanks to everyone else for their input.

Roger

I love this forum!
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    dbarrow,

I am a re-seller of ESET AV's for some 8 years now and I have never had the issues you are referring to! Interesting!
    The latest update of Eset NOD32 had HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) "protecting" against SAC64 and SAW64. Adding the exclusions for these exe files allowed them to work again. This is what solved the problem in this instance, as well as in my case.

Blog Entries

dbarrow,

HIPS has actually been around since v3. I still use v5 as the later versions become too bloated - similar to Norton and others.

A proactive approach is a much better approach than being reactive. If you really think about this, AV's and AMW's are reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    dbarrow,

HIPS has actually been around since v3. I still use v5 as the later versions become too bloated - similar to Norton and others.

A proactive approach is a much better approach than being reactive. If you really think about this, AV's and AMW's are reactive.
    My Eset NOD32 is version 12.1.34.0, the current version. It doesn't say anywhere what version HIPS is. It is a component of NOD32. As I stated previously, adding the exceptions cured the problem. SAC64 and SAW64 work flawlessly on my notebook setup now. My main setup doesn't have any of those other things running.