Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Thanks for the pic and the follow up, Richard. Congrats and happy mixing.
    Name:  Thumbs up.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  3.5 KB
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Nice. Looks like you have a few wires under there. And if you've lost a pair of AGK cans, I think I found 'em.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Nice. Looks like you have a few wires under there. And if you've lost a pair of AGK cans, I think I found 'em.
    Ha!! Well, the amount of wiring needed for this mixer is far less than with the old setup. Too bad I didn't take a picture of it before I pulled it. And those headphones... I have a producer/client who prefers to monitor through cans, so I've put them on an accessible hook next to his work space. And they're already plugged into the headphone output on the mixer. There's an independent volume control JUST FOR HIM. He'll love it.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

I'm scheduled to do an ADR session and the Series III doesn't generate time code as the DA7 did. I think I need to get time code audio and put it on a track so the remote computer can chase what mine is doing.

Can somebody point me in the right direction? Is there one that's better than the other?

I'll also post this on a different thread but thought I'd post is here since the board is Presonus.

Thank you!
    Bill
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Generate timecode directly from SAW... details in the helpfile.

Bob L

That's the way I've done it in the past but Presonus Series III doesn't offer the option as did the RME card in the SMTPE drop down list.
    I downloaded a wave timecode file and put it on a track. I'm hoping that works.

Thank you Bob!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

SAW can create the timecode live on the fly... with any soundcard... check the helpfile.

Bob L

Richard,

One of the AV techs is looking at mixers. This one would be for various productions at a middle school auditorium. Lately the productions have been with maybe ~20 wireless mics and a handfull of other wired devices.

A frequent mode of operation would be a few kids (11 and 12 year olds) manning groups of mutes and faders across the board (supervised by an experienced tech). They don't want bank switching for that usage but a physical fader for each of the physical inputs in use, so I think the presonus 64s has enough faders to be used in that way. From year to year they may get a kid who will learn to really operate a board - and it is good to be able to accommodate them too.

Any contemporary digital mixer has far more controls than is needed for this application. The mixer will also be used by AV techs for various purposes (but in this case, not non-users like a principal that needs a mic, a situation that often presents a problem in school environments) like maybe capturing tracks occasionally.

Anyway, now that you have had your board for a while, I figured I should get your feedback on the suitability of this board. Also how do you like the menuing and layout of everything? I assume snapshots... are available to rapidly recover from a kid who might surf too far into the menus.

And anyone chime in with suggestions of other devices...

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Richard,

One of the AV techs is looking at mixers. <SNIP>

John
    Hi John,
    I can say without reservation that I am extremely pleased with this mixer. To this point it has satisfied my every need, and in fact has features I'll probably never explore. I'm using it in the studio with 22 inputs and (so far) 5 stereo cue sends. There is ONE sniggler however; when firing up the board each day, I have to rotate the talkback mic data/volume knob a small amount to get it back to the volume that I left it. It's as if it's a midi function. It always starts on boot at a very low volume.

I recommended this board to another SAWStudio user who bought one and is pleased with his purchase. Both are 32 input series III mixers. His also has the talkback issue, (which by the way, I've reported to PreSonus). They had me return the board to its default firmware, then update it to the current firmware, which I did. But to no avail. I would still recommend this board to live and studio users. It works perfectly with SAWStudio... even some of the automation and transport controls work with Mackie Emulation.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording