Close

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Default Re: SAWStudio (and Plugins) 64 Bit Bug Reports!

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    It seems like SAW64 doesn***8217;t like the 64bit driver of your card. Not sure what to suggest.
    Thanks. Yeah it has me wondering if it's a service I've disabled or bios setting or is it common to HP machines?

Things are a little different on my laptop, an HP Elitebook 8560 w/i7 2670, Win7Pro64 and a RME Babyface Pro (USB)... This computer does see the internet and has windows security updates to present date. The RME driver is not the most current. The laptop/RME has been solid for a couple years doing cue list playback and other audio tasks. (using ASIO).

It did the lockup initially on first try after installing and running SAWStudio64. I killed the process and tried again without rebooting, played around with ASIO buffer sizes and it's been fine since. I tried rebooting but I can't get it to fail. Messed around with the buffer size some more, even tried 48 which worked. Back to 1024 and so on. Seems to be working now.

That's 1 out of 4 setups working with SAW64.

I should mention in all this testing I assign a pair of inputs to channel one and toggle Live mode on and off, play a file in the MT, back to Live mode, blast some F-keys, alt-tab to Totalmix or LynxMixer etc. I try and break it.

I have another laptop, an HP ZBook with fresh installs of Win7/64 and Win10/64 (dual boot)... In the next few days I'll install the Babyface and try SS64 on this machine.

I sure am curious to know what's causing this. Especially if it's something I'm doing when I set up my machines.

Not that this helps specifically, but I'm running win8 with the 64-bit RME drivers for my HDSP 9562 cards and SAW/SAC 64 on my studio rig without any issue.

I've also got my test motherboard running under 64bit win10 with a 64-bit rayDAT card and SAW/SAC 64 without issue.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

I am having driver problems with all my audio devices in Saw64, they all work fine in all my other programs. I am picking the drivers to use and they are set up right in the options menu this is very odd. I have tried to install earlier versions of SAW64 but that does not help. I am running Win7 64 Pro with 32gb ram and a quad core 2.4 CPU.

What happens is I get no sound or I get very distorted sound on every audio device I try. They are an Avid Eleven Rack, Mackie Onyx 1220i and an M-Audio M-Track Plus which all work fine when using other programs with no issues.

Are the working programs 64 bit? My understanding is that there are 32bit & 64bit drivers, so it makes a difference when comparing.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Are the working programs 64 bit? My understanding is that there are 32bit & 64bit drivers, so it makes a difference when comparing.
    All 64bit programs are being used.

Default Re: SAWStudio (and Plugins) 64 Bit Bug Reports! (Crashes on first play)

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    I tried a third machine. HP xw4600 w/Q9550 4GB Win7 64 Pro. It has 2 x LynxTwo-C, 1 x LynxTwo-B. I installed the latest v23j driver for the Lynx cards.
    I decided to connect this computer to the WWW and installed most Windows updates to present date. The video card driver was updated as part of this.

After updating and rebooting numerous times, SAW64 is still doing the same thing. Pinning one of the cores after a few seconds of playback and hanging on exit.

3 HP desktop machines, all with Win7/64 suffering the same problem... Perhaps I should look at bios settings next.

Bummer... your situation seems pretty unique... lots of other SAC and SAW installs out there... all seem to be doing fine...

Did you see the thread here that had something to do with some kind of virus software that ended up being the cause of the users issues... SAC and SAW refused to function until some virus file was removed or something to that effect... not sure exactly which thread that was... but it might just be earlier in this bug report thread.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Hello,

See here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Did you see the thread here that had something to do with some kind of virus software that ended up being the cause of the users issues...
    I did see that thread, thank you.

These machines have no AV and in the case of two of them, Windows Defender and most other built-in security services are disabled. Two machines have next to nothing installed on them. Other audio applications (using ASIO) seem to be working fine.

Since it's so unique to these setups, and I have a laptop that *does* run SAW64, I'm left wondering if it's a service I've disabled or a bios setting I tend to disable.

I'll add here these installs of Win7/64 have Desktop Composition and Aero turned off. Running Windows Classic theme. Minimal visual effects. All the same things that have given me a smooth ride with SAW32 for all these years.
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 06-10-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    I have another laptop, an HP ZBook with fresh installs of Win7/64 and Win10/64 (dual boot)... In the next few days I'll install the Babyface and try SS64 on this machine.
    Quick update: I've done a little more testing. The Zbook with a fresh install of Win7, untweaked, worked perfectly first try. I don't think I've done much to the Windows settings on this one. Latest RME driver.

I have now done a full battery of Win updates on two of the three desktop machines and SAW64 is still not working properly on them.

I may experiment with setting all services to default and if that doesn't work then try a repair install on one of them to see if that solves it.

At least it's working perfectly on the laptops. That's all I really need for now.
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 06-16-2019 at 04:14 PM.