Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: VST Audio Player

Quote Originally Posted by brettbrandon View Post
    I used the same install program.
    The install put the files in folder called "C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplayer"
    I copied the vstplayer.dll from there to the "C:\SAC\VST_PlugIns" folder.
    That was it.
    Thanks. When I tried to install it directly in the VST folders of SAC and SawStudio it did not deposit the vst file! Only when I chose the default install path.. then hand copied it over to SAC and SS.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by brettbrandon View Post
    It supports mp3 as of the current release.
    It's the only VST player I have been able to find. I'm not a DJ, I just need something to play music on breaks sometimes. This fits the bill perfectly.

The site says a new release for every $100.00 in revenue.
    Repeat/shuffle playlist is the next planned update and aac support after that.
    My wish List:
    1. Support various sample rates (now some stuff is like wild chipmunks)
    2. Playback Time Slider, start, stop.
    3. Multiple channel usage of the plugin-- for cross fading of playlists/mixing etc.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 04-05-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

3. Exclamation Re: VST Audio Player

Thanx Brett,

Very, very useful!!!

Thanks,
    Darwin

brettbrandon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hclague View Post
    It doesn't seem to support mp3. I tried to add a file and it does't show any of my mp3's to select in the explorer browser??
    I just filed a bug report with the website about it not showing mp3's on the + file load button.

I also figured out a temporary fix...

When the dialog box opens up and dosen't show the mp3's, type this (*.mp3) in the textbox and hit enter.... the files show up.

At least this way we can create a list in the order we want.

Another Note: When you save a playlist, it is not putting the .xml extension on the file. After you save your playlist, you need to add the .xml extension to see it in the open dialog box. Or you can type (*.*) hit enter, and it will show you all files no matter what type.

Hope this helps.... Brett
    Last edited by brettbrandon; 04-05-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Did somebody test its remote compatibility?
    Rig: Silverstone gd01sr Case, Asrock H55m LE Mobo, Intel Core i5 661, 4 MB Kingston Ram, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 500GB Samsung HD, Motu 424 PCIe, 2 x Motu 2408 MK3, 6 x ADA8000 (modded power supply and remoteable gains), 2 x Appsys ADX 64pro, 2 x BCF 2000, Motu Fast Lane Midi Interface

6. Default Re: VST Audio Player

Thanks Brett!
    I tried the VST Player some months ago and couldn't get it to work with SAC, but this version works without slipping buffers. Tried "Mp3Play" and the "Xtal" Vst Player plugins, but both of them are not reliable. Seems that we have a winner:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Did somebody test its remote compatibility?
    I just tried it on my machine at home and couldn't get the remote side to work (running SAC and SAC Remote on the same machine)
    Steven.
    www.diablosoundhire.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    SAC Host: Rack mount PC with Intel E7400 Core 2 Duo, RME HDSP9652 soundcard. 3 x M-Audio Profire 2626 preamps. Main SAC Remote: Toshiba Tecra laptop with Intel T7600 Core 2 Duo CPU (Doubles up for use as back up host via FW to Profire).
    3 x CM Labs Motor Mix control surfaces.
    SAC Wireless 'wander the room / stage' Remote: Asus EeePC HA1101 Netbook.

Its not possible to download it
    Rig: Silverstone gd01sr Case, Asrock H55m LE Mobo, Intel Core i5 661, 4 MB Kingston Ram, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 500GB Samsung HD, Motu 424 PCIe, 2 x Motu 2408 MK3, 6 x ADA8000 (modded power supply and remoteable gains), 2 x Appsys ADX 64pro, 2 x BCF 2000, Motu Fast Lane Midi Interface

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Its not possible to download it
    You might be clicking the wrong download link. It's not the one toward the top right; it's further down (and the text is smaller).

Here's the link to the download page itself:

http://audio.dafx.org/vstplayer/download.php

HTH,
    Míke È. Déè

brettbrandon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    You might be clicking the wrong download link. It's not the one toward the top right; it's further down (and the text is smaller).

Here's the link to the download page itself:

http://audio.dafx.org/vstplayer/download.php

HTH,
    The link is at the very bottom of the page, just the word "Download" beneath the ads.