Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SAWPro Question (!)

Sorry to interrupt the 64-bit SS mirth, but I'm trying to work with some ancient SAWPro projects to be exported for remixing in Logic Pro X at a client's studio, and I'm having a lot of squirelly problems. These all do open and play properly in SAWPro. I've converted them to SS EDL's for the export functions, but we're finding that any track with gaps or edits is creating wacko files that fall out of sync. To my knowledge, there's no macro export function in SAWPro, right? Or is there something else I'm missing that might be the source of the problem?

Default Re: SAWPro Question (!)

If you are trying to export an edl project between DAWs you would need a conversion program like AA Translator. This will translate the different project files from one DAW to another.

If you just need the tracks themseleves moved to the new DAW, then you just want to export each track as a solid wav file from start to end. This means SAW will assemble the edits into a solid wav file per track. Then you just load those individual tracks into the new DAW and start a new project there.

In SAWPro, you will have to export each track at a time... solo the track... use the build mix to output track option... create an export folder for all the wav files... name the track wav file and go... make sure to build from the start to finish all tracks... even if there is only data on a track in short spots.

Then you can put each track into the new DAW and save that as a project and finish work there.

Bob L

Thanks, Bob. Yeah, the solid wav files is what I'm looking for here. Not sure why the exports are getting scrambled in the converted SS EDL's. I'll try exporting them track by track from the original SAWPro EDL's and see what happens. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a macro export function I was missing. It has been a few...decades since I've used SAWPro.

If you have SAWStudio also... then you should be able to just import the entire SAWPro session... then use the SAWStudio Export Tracks To Soundfiles option in the Process/Mixdown menu and export them all at once... didn't realize you had SAWStudio as well.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If you have SAWStudio also... then you should be able to just import the entire SAWPro session... then use the SAWStudio Export Tracks To Soundfiles option in the Process/Mixdown menu and export them all at once... didn't realize you had SAWStudio as well.

Bob L
    Oh, yeah, I was around for every incarnation of SAW, and yes, opening them in SS is exactly what I first did, and it was that process that produced the wonky files on any track that had gaps or edits. I thought I had found a workaround by individually mixing each track instead of using the mass export option, but even that has proven to be unreliable. If it had only happened on one EDL it could be chalked up to a corrupt song file, but the same thing is happening across EDL's. If I can find one process that produces a perfect result, we might be able to figure out what's going on. Still working on it.
    Last edited by Sean McCoy; 01-22-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Do you have SSL’s Proconvert? That might do it. If not, I would be happy to try and do it for you.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Do you have SSL***8217;s Proconvert? That might do it. If not, I would be happy to try and do it for you.
    I do still have it, but haven't installed it for quite awhile since they stopped supporting it and I got AATranslator. Did Proconvert have a way to directly convert from SAW to Logic? Might be worth checking out if so. I tried creating an AAF in AATranslator and the result was a mess.

Thanks for the offer, Michael, but there are a bunch of these songs and they are pretty huge.
    Last edited by Sean McCoy; 01-22-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Unfortunately no Saw to Logic conversion.

Good luck!
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Sean McCoy View Post
    I tried creating an AAF in AATranslator and the result was a mess.
    Have you contacted AATranslator about your problem? They've been pretty responsive in the past.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Have you contacted AATranslator about your problem? They've been pretty responsive in the past.
    Agreed, their customer service has always been nearly as great as Bob's. I haven't talked to them yet because I'm not totally convinced the problems don't lie in the original files or EDL's. If I can rule that out I may go back to AATranslator.