Close

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Default Re: SAWStudio (and Plugins) 64 Bit Bug Reports!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Micro,

I agree...try a different mouse...there is definitely something else going on here!

Or try the project on a different system...and see where that gets you.
    I agree with mr-es's suggestions.
    I can't make the selection NOT work, unless I purposely move the regions around so that some of them are ahead of the first one(s) selected.

Blog Entries

Here is another video showing how it should work but done in SawStudio 32 bit all on the same computer, mouse, keyboard, audio device...everything is the same even the audio files I imported into Sawstudio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9Q...ature=youtu.be

Blog Entries

Micro,

I am not too sure if you are really listening or not...but if track selection IS working on other's systems, but not yours, then something must be going on with your system.

Do me a favour, install SAW Demo and test it out there - just set up a 2 channel audio configuration, load the session.edl and see what happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Micro,

I am not too sure if you are really listening or not...but if track selection IS working on other's systems, but not yours, then something must be going on with your system.

Do me a favour, install SAW Demo and test it out there - just set up a 2 channel audio configuration, load the session.edl and see what happens.
    I do not need to load a Demo I have the full versions of the latest and I went ahead and installed SawStudio64 1.1a and it works fine. All this is only happening in SawStudio64 1.1b the latest release and when using it was when I first noticed it. There is a bug in this version with Select Mode as I have shown. This is the first time ever I have seen this happen on any version going back to 2005 on any computer I have run it on. The only thing to change from version 1.1a to 1.1b has been the program and not my system there for logic says it is a bug.

I am sure Bob will look into it so this will be my last post on this bug report unless Bob has questions for me. Thanks, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I went ahead and installed SawStudio64 1.1a and it works fine. All this is only happening in SawStudio64 1.1b the latest release and when using it was when I first noticed it. There is a bug in this version with Select Mode as I have shown.
    My testing was done with v1.1 *not* v1.1b. I haven't installed the updates yet.

Micro... tested here with 1.1b and it all seems fine... try this test....

Move in about a second or so from the left edge of your tracks... click Ctrl-K to cut at the cursor across all tracks... now drag down Select Mode... my guess is that it may work correctly... if so... then if you tab to the start of the first track and zoom all the way in, you will possibly see that the tracks are not all exactly starting at the same sample... most likely certain tracks may be starting a few samples in front of the others.

If it still does not work correctly, then the issue might be tied to a certain setting in the prefs that is causing the problem and we do not have that setting set the same as you.

Bob L

Also working perfectly here as well on 1.1B.

My first guess would be screen size. Check under Options that the Max screen override equals your display system and that the Monitor configuration settings reflect your system. If still no joy, I would try with a different system preferences file.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Blog Entries

Hello,

I just checked all 64-bit versions from 1.0 to 1.1b and all work in the same manner...no issues with [Sel] and drag operations.

Also check the 32-bit versions of 5.7 and 5.7 with same end result.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 07-08-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Ok all is working. It took a fresh install of 1.0b and all works. I deleted the SawStudio64 file on the C drive and then download 1.1b again and installed it and that fixed it. I thought why not try a fresh install and it worked so BUG Busted! Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    With 8 tracks there is no problem I have 32 tracks and if you look at them there are a ton of vocal tracks with no audio but all tracks are starting at the same place on the timeline. Goto this site and download these mix tracks and then try it and tell us how it is working.

Download 32 tracks here: http://www.mtkdata.cambridgemusictec...Santa_Full.zip
    1) can you give us the EDL, too?

2) remember way early in SAW's development there were selection issues like the related to screen refresh rate? What are your screen settings? If you move slower with the mouse, do you have better luck?

3) try moving each region entry, one at a time, to a common start point and try again.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts