Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Wow, this little box is a tough horse. I have the M55 USFF with the smaller E4300 CPU. Although it didn't take my the Motu 324 card, but ran the old RME 9636 card fine--no fuzz. It's running with /onecpu and SAC XP tweaks. I bench test this little guy with 24ch fully loaded with eq, dyn, fx; and four 24ch mon mixes + fully load of dyn's. It's rock solid at 1x64, even though the load is at 82%, it didn't skip a beat with fast switching through different views. No slip buffers for 10hrs straight at that load. 1x128 buffers take the load down to 70%.

I know in live situation the load will come down a bit more, since each monitor mix doesn't necessary will be patched with all 24 inputs.
    Last edited by solarex; 02-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

Nice little power house isn't it. I love mine, great value for money, practical size and weight. Glad to hear it is working for you.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT

Quote Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
    Nice little power house isn't it. I love mine, great value for money, practical size and weight. Glad to hear it is working for you.
    Yes, definitely a great little machine that could. Thanks for discovering (introducing) this little guy. I might upgrade the CPU later.

I would like to use my MOTU PCI card so I can quickly disconnect the audiowire to the mix rack. I'm not sure if the 424 PCI card will work with this box, I hate to buy it and it's not compatible.

I've installed an RME HDSP card in mine. It is a PCI card and connects with a single firewire cable to an RME Digiface. From there it's ADAT lightpipes to the preamps. In my case there is no need to separate the two, but it might work for you.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT

Quote Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
    I've installed an RME HDSP card in mine. It is a PCI card and connects with a single firewire cable to an RME Digiface. From there it's ADAT lightpipes to the preamps. In my case there is no need to separate the two, but it might work for you.
    Right now my main host is running MOTU, to make it a seamless backup system switch out, I like to stay within MOTU environment. RME Digiface are very nice, but I'm already vested with MOTU hardware.

6. Default Re: Lenovo M55 USFF, wow

@Solarex: Do you have a BCF2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    @Solarex: Do you have a BCF2000?
    Christian: Yes I do. I also have a bad unit that I haven't got around to repair the power supply cap that went bad. I intended on linking them for a 16ch. control surface.

after i´ve seen a lot of postive things about this little workhorse from Anton in live),and I want to buy one too.
    only on the Itsco site there i only one model available that has the 1,6 ghz. if i want to upgrade how big can i go like a E8600 or 8400?

and where i have to look at on the M55 because there are a lot of models i see.
    Sac monitor system/ Lenovo T400 8400 core2duo 2,4Mhz with 4Gb ram. RME Fireface 800 64x2 buffer. 2x behringer ADA8000, one behringer 8 chan. phone amp. 2 iem300 in ear sets all with fischeramp beltpacks in a 6 HE case, behringer BCR2000 for monitor mix

Ralhop: these models only pop up every now and then on the Itsco website. They sell refurbished machines, so they probably depend on what is brought in by their suppliers.

The Lenovo machines have a code (4 numbers, three more digits, e.g. 6089-A1G). You can look up specs for that number on the Lenovo website. I would think you can find what upgrades can be done for the processor. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the 1.6GHz version. It's a dual core Pentium rather then a Core2 processor. I would prefer to wait till a higher spec machine becomes available.
    --

My box is a M55 8807, it has a Core2Duo E4300 1.8GHz. From my research, E7xxx and E8xxx CPUs are not compatible.