Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SAWStudio64 Newbie: crash outputting a buildmix

Half-hour-long session. Three tracks. A few plugins.

Buildmix gets to 1%, then crashes. Took out all plugins. Gets to 10%, then crashes.

Any ideas? I guess There are still some bugs?

UPDATE (more info): opening a new, blank session and putting a single WAV on track one has the same result, HOWEVER here's what it looks like is happening:

1) the buildmix starts
    2) at some percentage along the way between 1 and 20 or so, the progress display stops, the mouse pointer turns into a "Windows thinking donut," and Windows' Resource Monitor shows SAWStudio.exe as Not Responding.
    3) If I click on the progress indicator, the screen goes gray and a prompt pops up saying SAW's not responding and do I want to close the program or wait.
    4) But if I don't click on the progress indicator, the build seems to complete on its own. I just need to leave it alone. Same appears to be true if I do click on the indicator but then select "wait."

I also notice that, after the build is complete, the menu items along the top of the interface is unavailable. Clicking on any of the items is met with no response. And the only way at that point to close SAW is through Task Manager.

Tried re-downloading/reinstalling SAWStudio64. Tried setting the force-single-CPU option.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-05-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: SAWStudio64 Newbie: crash outputting a buildmix

Sounds suspiciously like lack-o-available-ram, Dave - although I think I remember that you have 8GB, which should be plenty. When it gets to that point (shortly before it crashes, not after) what does Task Manager say you have left for physical memory?

A few plugins.
    I've had a couple of similar issues in '32 since I began using waves plugins. I think it last happened while I nudged the trackball while the wait icon is displayed when I think waves is looking for it's license.

I wonder if the usbdrive (that has the license) can be forced to be searched first somehow?

Oh - I just thought of something. Is the USB drive plugged into the same USB channel that your keyboard and mouse are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I also notice that, after the build is complete, the menu items along the top of the interface is unavailable. Clicking on any of the items is met with no response. And the only way at that point to close SAW is through Task Manager.
    Are you sure there isn't a dialog box hidden under something, somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ludlow View Post
    Sounds suspiciously like lack-o-available-ram, Dave - although I think I remember that you have 8GB, which should be plenty. When it gets to that point (shortly before it crashes, not after) what does Task Manager say you have left for physical memory?
    My new system has 16 GB of RAM. Before, during, and after the buildmix problem, used memory is around 25%, showing about 12 GB available.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    I've had a couple of similar issues in '32 since I began using waves plugins. I think it last happened while I nudged the trackball while the wait icon is displayed when I think waves is looking for it's license.

I wonder if the usbdrive (that has the license) can be forced to be searched first somehow?
    I've got it stripped down to a fresh session with no plugins. Also the sole USB drive I have is off-line. But it's just a back-up drive, anyway.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by John Ludlow View Post
    Oh - I just thought of something. Is the USB drive plugged into the same USB channel that your keyboard and mouse are using?
    Did I mention a USB drive? I do have a backup USB drive, but it's offline. To be sure, I unplugged it and tried again, just now. Same problem.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Are you sure there isn't a dialog box hidden under something, somewhere?
    Pretty darned. It's just a simple buildmix with no plugins. Seems to complete successfully, other than the weird behavior. What kind of dialog box could there be?
    Becket, Massachusetts

FWIW, I just discovered that this behavior is not unique to SAWStudio64, but it happens with my SAWStudio 32-bit installation as well.
    Becket, Massachusetts